Pages:
Author

Topic: Searching alternative client... - page 3. (Read 6506 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
September 19, 2012, 09:20:37 AM
Hello,

im searching an alternative client that has the following settings:

* Way faster synchronizing than the original client. It takes hours to update when you didnt have the wallet open some days. I really dont like that. I now have the client open for hours and it still hasnt loaded 6 days of blocks. I hadnt open the client 12 days. And the blockchain is really big as a file. But for that there isnt an alternative right?
* Portable
* Opensource so that no hidden code is inside
* encryptable for security
* I want to see exactly how much money is on each ADDRESS (not wallet) i own. So that i can prevent to send 20BTC and in fact 3 transactions are made because the 20BTC are stored on 3 addresses. I want to see the addresses and the money on it so that i can send it from the addresses.
* And a client that needs the original wallet opened at the same time doesnt sound useful to me too. I mean then i could use the original one instead.

Is there such a client that contains all points?

Thanks!
Sebastian

i would use blockchain.info's online wallet. it has an option to sync with a normal bitcoind.

to circumvent the initial downloadphase for bitcoin-qt its possible to download the files manually.

if you really want to have a desktop app:
i am not aware of an offline client which uses the wallet.dat from bitcoin-qt. but i think armory is nice.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
September 19, 2012, 09:13:01 AM
Hello,

im searching an alternative client that has the following settings:

* Way faster synchronizing than the original client. It takes hours to update when you didnt have the wallet open some days. I really dont like that. I now have the client open for hours and it still hasnt loaded 6 days of blocks. I hadnt open the client 12 days. And the blockchain is really big as a file. But for that there isnt an alternative right?
* Portable
* Opensource so that no hidden code is inside
* encryptable for security
* I want to see exactly how much money is on each ADDRESS (not wallet) i own. So that i can prevent to send 20BTC and in fact 3 transactions are made because the 20BTC are stored on 3 addresses. I want to see the addresses and the money on it so that i can send it from the addresses.
* And a client that needs the original wallet opened at the same time doesnt sound useful to me too. I mean then i could use the original one instead.

Is there such a client that contains all points?

Thanks!
Sebastian
Pages:
Jump to: