Pages:
Author

Topic: SEC - ICO, altcoins and McAfee - page 2. (Read 396 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
June 22, 2018, 07:25:49 AM
Even i am thinking the same so i am creating awareness among community not investing in any ICO for certain period most of the ICO doesnt contribute anything to crytpo space . As well as these people are running away with money instead contributing to the community its really bad movement. Last year we have faced lots of price drops while china banned local exchanges then it took wings now also same hope soon will recover.
plr
Activity: 1162
Merit: 24
June 22, 2018, 07:10:03 AM
Why not and besides they cannot reach that legit ico because they are not operating in the States, they are imposing something that is not within their boundary but let's see what's going to happen, although I'm a little bit concern on what's going to happen next.
Activity: 924
Merit: 106
homt.net
June 22, 2018, 06:55:07 AM
Hello, I see a real problem that could harm a lot of altcoins or ICOs.
SEC said that Ethereum and Bitcoin are not securities but some altcoins might be.
McAfee said that he will no longer support ICOs due to SEC threats "and those doing ICOs can all look forward to arrest".

I am little bit afraid that a lot of coins violate the laws and may soon be worthless.
What is your opinion please?
This has been stated so many times and if you are from US and you can't participate in any ico because you just follow what has already stated by SEC. The world is not US.
In so many times SEC has stated that this based on their regulations. it will be different if you are seeing another countries just like south korean that has already tried to create a framework regulation to legalize ICO.
Good point.
Thailand is also different from US SEC, as they are to legalize 7 Crypto in their country. Here's a link in case you don't know https://news.bitcoin.com/thailand-crypto-regulations-legalizing-cryptocurrencies/
About McAfee not supporting ICO, there will always be another influential people that will support this. Anyway, I think having them will just give a litlle effect.
But I thought that he wanted to created his new ICO few days ago.
He is probably on drugs because who knows where is the truth.
Activity: 910
Merit: 257
June 21, 2018, 10:55:07 AM
SEC said that Ethereum and Bitcoin are not securities but some altcoins might be.
McAfee said that he will no longer support ICOs due to SEC threats "and those doing ICOs can all look forward to arrest".

I am little bit afraid that a lot of coins violate the laws and may soon be worthless.
This has been stated so many times and if you are from US and you can't participate in any ico because you just follow what has already stated by SEC. The world is not US.
In so many times SEC has stated that this based on their regulations. it will be different if you are seeing another countries just like south korean that has already tried to create a framework regulation to legalize ICO.
Good point.
Thailand is also different from US SEC, as they are to legalize 7 Crypto in their country. Here's a link in case you don't know https://news.bitcoin.com/thailand-crypto-regulations-legalizing-cryptocurrencies/
About McAfee not supporting ICO, there will always be another influential people that will support this. Anyway, I think having them will just give a litlle effect.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
June 21, 2018, 10:48:27 AM
Seriously, McAfee is a very strange person. I do not understand why so many people are interested in his opinion. And I'm sure I won't worry that he'll stop supporting some of the coins.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041
June 21, 2018, 10:45:18 AM

ICOs of the past are safe the later and the ones that are to be announced yet are the once that are going to have to worry. But I don't think this is going to happen McAfee is full of shit. The SEC has been existing for all these years never had they touched anything. Singapore companies are doing ICO just like DENT, did anything happen to it? They were even expanding networks to other countries.
Activity: 742
Merit: 526
June 21, 2018, 10:37:16 AM

I don't know what McAfee has to do with all this. Is he the guy who promised to eat his dick if Bitcoin doesn't reach 1M dollars in 2020? Anyway, he is as irrelevant as his dick. If I'm not mistaken, currencies are not securities (and can't be), so it shouldn't surprise anyone that SEC won't accept Bitcoin and Ethereum as securities. They are virtual currencies, so why should they really? Also, besides SEC  there is also CFTC, a regulating body like SEC which is primarily involved in regulating commodity derivatives markets, and they have officially accepted the term "virtual currencies" and regulate them as commodities.
Activity: 728
Merit: 139
June 21, 2018, 10:31:11 AM
Of course , those who violate laws are illegal. It's normal in real life and now , it happens in crypto world . McAfee seems to be scared , because he worked as advisor and media advertiser for a variety of different projects and many of them could appear to be illegal , so he is trying to secure himself now . Very predictable .
Activity: 48
June 21, 2018, 10:08:12 AM
good, hes an obvious scammer lol.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Power the World for FREE
June 21, 2018, 09:20:05 AM
It also scares me, because most of the tokens, if the team is arrested, the project will stop developing.
So this token is going to be worthless.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
June 21, 2018, 09:16:39 AM

What important in the McAfee? Paid adviser that shill any ICO for salary. SEC is more dangerous organization. But for non-USA ICO it's not a problem. I see too much ICO but not all of this afraid SEC
Activity: 946
Merit: 105
June 21, 2018, 09:11:42 AM
The turn of events in the last couple of years have given us a clear message. We can not ignore the existence of cryptocurrency and we cannot let it be different from our daily economy and hence the regulation of government. It's for the better of cryptocurrency to abide by local laws.
copper member
Activity: 168
June 21, 2018, 09:06:04 AM
months will pass before he could know more  Undecided
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
June 21, 2018, 08:47:46 AM
I do not understand why all people are so afraid of these stupid people from the SEC and how crypto currencies in general can touch these spheres, maybe I'm wrong, I do not argue, but since when do people have no opportunity to collect donations to achieve the goal? Is this normal?
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
June 21, 2018, 08:44:09 AM

as many have mentioned that this will only effect people in the US and this will take few months rather than weeks. not a big fan of McAfee here but you just have to wait and see before deciding whether they'll be worthless or not. not many can give you proper guidance on this subject as it involves future date.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010
BTC to the moon is inevitable...
June 21, 2018, 08:41:53 AM

But SEC could harm altcoins right? If they arrest the team behind specific altcoin, or? Or SEC could harm only altcoins which are from the USA?

i think only altcoins from usa are affected. other lands, other rules and laws. i think sec can not do much there.

that is correct. SEC's jurisdiction is theoretically restricted to USA only but the thing is when they do something other countries may follow because it would be bad for them to see for example SEC banning something that they are allowing!
not to mention that the other countries have not been so friendly towards ICOs so far. there have already been a lot of bans in different countries. USA/SEC is not the first one there.
Activity: 924
Merit: 106
homt.net
June 21, 2018, 08:40:58 AM

You are looking at the wrong direction, SEC in an American regulator of stocks, but all ICOs haven't allowed American citizens to buy their tokens. If SEC admits any token as an asset, American cryptochange with make delisting for this token, and it will be a solution to the problem.
Thank you, this really really makes sense to me.
So guys, you are still positive with the ICO/altcoins future?
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
June 21, 2018, 08:37:20 AM

But SEC could harm altcoins right? If they arrest the team behind specific altcoin, or? Or SEC could harm only altcoins which are from the USA?

i think only altcoins from usa are affected. other lands, other rules and laws. i think sec can not do much there.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
June 21, 2018, 08:36:13 AM

Are you really trust McAfee? I think he's really shaddy because everybody can endorse him by paying him $100k or more for a tweet about an ICO/project. In my opinion Ethereum and bitcoin are still securities, i don't know why SEC says that though.
Activity: 434
Merit: 107
June 21, 2018, 08:35:20 AM

You are looking at the wrong direction, SEC in an American regulator of stocks, but all ICOs haven't allowed American citizens to buy their tokens. If SEC admits any token as an asset, American cryptochange with make delisting for this token, and it will be a solution to the problem.
Pages:
Jump to: