Pages:
Author

Topic: [SEC] Ponzi schemes Using virtual Currencies - page 3. (Read 2471 times)

legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534

it was said that the vast majority come from russia and their hyip site, which is strange since there the whole crypto it's banned...

its not banned in russia.
its not even banned in china

the only legislation in those countries is that basically regulated financial institutions cannot offer it as a product to customers directly or invest in it at the back end of the banks, as their regulations wont insure it..

this does not stop individuals doing their own thing
Activity: 552
Merit: 250
I used to participate in one of the "bitcoin investment" with about 10k bits. I knew I was an early "investor" so was quiet happy to wait until ROI and withdraw the amount (~22k bits). The website went on for another 2 month and then disappeared. There are still a few around but I guess I already had some fun so not joining anymore.
legendary
Activity: 3850
Merit: 1373
You really can't blame them. The whole debt money fiat money system is a gigantic Ponzi. The reason it is near failure is that they have used up all the people, and made all the corporations, and loaned/created all the new money that they can possibly do with the idea of supporting the Ponzi.

If we don't get a lot of new people into the world to support the banking Ponzi, or if we can't borrow/create enough more money in reasonable "repayable" amounts, the fiat Ponzi will crash.

Bitcoin is getting us back to a value based system instead of a loan based system. Of course they are going to call Bitcoin a Ponzi. The more Bitcoin thrives, the closer the banking Ponzi comes to dying.

Smiley
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
I see this as something positive. Everybody who has been around here long enough knows there is a multitude of scams going around, but new investors may still need to be warned.

The overall tone is also not negative about bitcoin itself, which is good.

Agree with you.I see  that report positive for bitcoin.We everybody know howmany ponzi scheme use bitcoin

Looks like USA regulators are serious about btc
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
I see this as something positive. Everybody who has been around here long enough knows there is a multitude of scams going around, but new investors may still need to be warned.

The overall tone is also not negative about bitcoin itself, which is good.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
i guess it's more easy for them to build up a ponzi using crypto, while enforcing anonimity, the same with criminal that wantonly to move funds or hacker that were never caught

it was said that the vast majority come from russia and their hyip site, which is strange since there the whole crypto it's banned...
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
Interesting perspective ..actually that never occurred to me eh
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
id say its actually a fair warning to investors.
the same warning they give to any investment

id say it acknowledges and legitimizes that bitcoin can be used freely by americans

its not negative about bitcoin... just who may abuse it

virtual currencies, such as Bitcoin, have recently become popular and are intended to serve as a type of money.
they may be traded on online exchanges for conventional currencies, including the U.s. dollar, or used to purchase goods or services, usually online.

We are concerned that the rising use of virtual currencies in the global marketplace may entice fraudsters to lure investors into Ponzi and other schemes in which these currencies are used to facilitate fraudulent, or simply fabricated, investments or transactions.

if they were negative about bitcoin they would say to stay away from bitcoin itself, or that its not to be treated like money.. rather than saying just be aware with who you transact with
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
Released today.. Investor Alert

https://www.sec.gov/investor/alerts/ia_virtualcurrencies.pdf

So what you guys think ?

PS:
It's a short 3 page guide with little text.

EDIT:
And the "forum" they refer to is guess where ? ROFL
Pages:
Jump to: