Pages:
Author

Topic: SEC vs Telegram Group Inc - page 2. (Read 405 times)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
January 20, 2020, 02:35:25 AM

New documents filed by SEC in New York with additional details, stating the GRAM is indeed a security token. Even citing Shyam Parekh, a Telegram employee who told an accountant that "that the unnamed investor has the right to 72,835,916.68 Gram tokens". A bit messy to be honest, but let's see how Telegram will respond with all the allegations here.

I am sure that the outcome of this case will have bigger and far-reaching repercussions to the whole cryptocurrency industry as this can be the basis of future judiciary decisions on defining whether a token can be security or not. Telegram has the best opportunity to present all the legal arguments before the court that SEC is wrong on its conclusion that GRAM is a security token and therefore Telegram made legal mistakes in introducing such a digital asset to the public. Honestly, however, I am seeing that eventually the two sides on this legal maneuvering will be settling on a compromise.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
January 19, 2020, 10:11:40 AM
I remember reading somewhere that some kind of legal nuance means their token can never be exchanged over, y'know, Telegram. That kind of erases whatever point or advantage there was in the first place.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
January 19, 2020, 08:52:55 AM
New documents filed by SEC in New York with additional details, stating the GRAM is indeed a security token. Even citing Shyam Parekh, a Telegram employee who told an accountant that "that the unnamed investor has the right to 72,835,916.68 Gram tokens". A bit messy to be honest, but let's see how Telegram will respond with all the allegations here.

Rule 56.1 Statement — Document #80
District Court, S.D. New York

Docket Number: 1:19-cv-09439-PKC

Date Filed: January 15th, 2020

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/16325310/80/securities-and-exchange-commission-v-telegram-group-inc/
Pages:
Jump to: