Pages:
Author

Topic: Secure on holding my btc on electrum - page 2. (Read 148 times)

copper member
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1788
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
December 10, 2023, 07:38:27 PM
Is it good to store for a long term ?
It's all good so long as the device in which the wallet software is installed is secure, airgapped, and you have good seed phrase back up practices like avoiding copying and pasting the seed, avoiding cloud storage etc. You won't even see the need to buy a hardware wallet.
Activity: 672
Merit: 855
December 09, 2023, 03:21:24 PM
Electrum is actually one of the best software wallets, so for online storage it is fair but considering how you’re planning to hold for long then the best advice is to use a cold storage method. Electrum can also be use as an offline wallet if you use an airgap device. Here is a link on how to set up electrum cold storage

You need to be careful when setting this up so you don’t make mistake, if you’re planning to use an old PC then you should remove the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and then reformat the hardware and install a new OS. Or better still get a hardware wallet like passport or Trezor
Activity: 33
Merit: 6
December 09, 2023, 03:06:57 PM
feeling cool,

Came back here after few days to share that I added some btc to my wallet on electum 4.4.6, I'm thinking to keep on and adding more further.
Is it good to store for a long term ?

tnx
Pages:
Jump to: