Pages:
Author

Topic: Security Measures to prevent getting hacked? - page 2. (Read 216 times)

Activity: 248
Merit: 36
NO SHITCOIN INSIDE
Some more tips:

- disable Javascript (you can whitelist trusted websites) and third party cookies in your browser.
- if using Chrome browser enable enhanced security

- disable and/or uninstall flash

- use a good router and firewall (never connect directly to internet).

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
I have been using various Bitcoin wallets for almost a decade now. I have used online wallets, exchange wallets, desktop wallets, paper wallets and hardware wallets to store my coins. Fortunately till now, no one has been able to hack my coins. There are certain basic precautions that you need to take before setting up a cryptocurrency wallet. If you are opting for an online wallet, the make sure to take the backup of the private key and then go for 2FA with a gmail account (other email providers are not that secure). On the other hand, if you are planning to store your coins in a hardware wallet, first make sure that the wallet reaches you in untouched condition. And then create multiple backups. With hardware wallets, the biggest risk is not getting hacked, but losing access to your coins as a result of carelessness.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
I'm with mocacinno on this one. The best security is having a hardware of paper wallet. I'd say the vast majority of the forum store their holdings in one. You may want to do some trading, thus depositing and withdrawing from exchanges that's where the other advice given in the thread comes into play, apart from the fact that they are also good as protection in general.
copper member
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1256
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
Mostly, the best possible measure towards privacy is having different passwords within different platforms. You wouldn't need to memorize them all, just get a great password manager, and then you could possibly forget every password that you have and just have a master password. Make sure the master is going to be hard to guess and possibly longer than anything else.
legendary
Activity: 3402
Merit: 5004
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
It's an interesting list you have there, but the only measure that is actually effective is:

"store your crypto offline".

Either buy a hardware wallet (they start at ~$50), learn how to properly generate a paper wallet or setup an airgapped setup (can be achieved without using dedicated hardware by booting from a live CD).

If you want any security, stay away from online wallets....
If you want a reasonable amount of security, follow your advices about antivirus, animalware, 2FA, regular updates, firewalling, smart wallet choices....
If you want good security, use a hardware wallet, paper wallet or airgapped setup...
Activity: 248
Merit: 36
NO SHITCOIN INSIDE
Feel free to list your ideas to improve security to prevent getting hacked and having your crypto stolen. There's a lot of malware out there that can steal your information. Malwarebytes found spyware called AzorUlt on my PC a couple months ago which makes me paranoid about security. Fortunately it was found and removed before it could do any harm to me.

- use a good anti-virus program such as Avast or AVG and antimalware program Malwarebytes to scan your devices regularly

- Enable Authenticator or Security Key options in your Coinbase settings

- use more secure internet browser like Avast or AVG

- store large amounts of crypto offline

- anything else you can think of please list here

================================

From Malwarebytes website:

Spyware.AzorUlt is Malwarebytes’ detection name for a family of spyware that steals information and sometimes downloads additional malware.

Type and source of infection
Spyware.AzorUlt is spyware that can steal banking information, including passwords and credit card details as well as cryptocurrency. Spyware.AzorUlt is typically spread in malspam campaigns.

Aftermath
Data/information about the system may have been stolen
User credentials may have been stolen
Digital coins may have been stolen
Affected system may be susceptible to further attacks

Pages:
Jump to: