Pages:
Author

Topic: Security setup help - page 2. (Read 291 times)

Activity: 57
Merit: 18
June 04, 2019, 07:42:50 AM
absolutely on both the shady software and the wallet vendor!!!

can you recommend a hardware wallet? I mean does one stand out compared to the other in your mind?

I am only leaning toward trezor because of the exodus compatibility, not sure if it's a strong reason though ..

What does unlocking my wallet have to do with security?
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
June 04, 2019, 07:38:59 AM
Besides downloading and installing random programs and clicking on shady links, I don't think you can do much. Especially when you're using a Windows operating system, then you're at risk.  Probably stop unlocking your wallets when not needed might help slightly. Just grab a hardware wallet(Trezor/Ledger) as soon as possible so you could secure your funds sooner.

P.S. Make sure to purchase the hardware wallets from the source. Not from eBay, Amazon, other other sites.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
June 04, 2019, 07:33:05 AM
There isn't much we can comment on your setup.

All we know is that you are using electrum and plan on buying a hardware wallet.

With a hardware wallet you are already very secured against a lot of threats.

You can choose for yourself which hardware wallet you want. Ledger's nano and the trezor are both very good and reputable wallets.

The most important thing until you finally got your hardware wallet is to use your common sense.
Don't download cracked / shady software, keep all of your software (including OS) up-to-date and you are relatively safe.
Activity: 57
Merit: 18
June 04, 2019, 07:25:37 AM
hi guys,

just wondering if you could criticize my setup from a security point of view.

I am using exodus for keeping multi assets, and electrum for btc.

I am planning on buying a hardware wallet, not sure which yet (maybe trezor?).

Cold storage isn't a possibility right now as all my machines are online.

Anything I could do better to improve my security?

Many thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: