Pages:
Author

Topic: (Security) will virtual keyboard save me? - page 2. (Read 1160 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 257
Hello

If logging into some site that is sensitive to one (like BTC exchange probably for people here is the best example). Is it considered much safer to use a virtual keyboard (which comes with my payed well know/established) antivirus system (instead of using physical keyboard)?

The physical keyboard si suspect to keylogger, the virtual isnt, correct? Also there is not any other common method how to "listen" to virtual keyboard, correct?

The only way would be to "intercept" the outgoing communication through internet, correct?

But there isnt any common way/keylogger for virtual keyboard, so using virtual keyboard should be considered much safer then using normal physical keyboard (while typing passwords to sensitive "stuff" (websites etc.), Correct?

Only good, if nobody has physical access to your computer, cause then you´re screwed anyway.

I use "KeyScrambler" (among other fences), which encrypts between the physical keystrokes and the actual input on the screen (where the input is blackend out anyway)
But recently, i had a feeling, somebody was peeking over my shoulder, so i always lock the door to my room as well . . .

http://www.qfxsoftware.com/ks-windows/which-keyscrambler.htm

Activity: 266
Merit: 100
I don't think a virtual keyboard (you mean those on screen keyboards, right?) will protect you from anything at all. If you have a keylogger on your machine, the keylogger will get any input data including your on screen keyboard. Even if it couldn't the hackers could simply track your mouse.

If you're concerned about security, try a Linux distro, they are super secure and stable. No need to worry about getting a keylogger onto your machine. You can try dual-booting it.
legendary
Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038
Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar
Hello

If logging into some site that is sensitive to one (like BTC exchange probably for people here is the best example). Is it considered much safer to use a virtual keyboard (which comes with my payed well know/established) antivirus system (instead of using physical keyboard)?

The physical keyboard si suspect to keylogger, the virtual isnt, correct? Also there is not any other common method how to "listen" to virtual keyboard, correct?

The only way would be to "intercept" the outgoing communication through internet, correct?

But there isnt any common way/keylogger for virtual keyboard, so using virtual keyboard should be considered much safer then using normal physical keyboard (while typing passwords to sensitive "stuff" (websites etc.), Correct?

Time when hackers would spread only keyloggers is long gone. Now most common method of stealing your data is by using RAT. Now most of them will recognize your input into password field and save data by that so does not really matter if you use virtual keyboard or not. And even if they don't use that they can see your screen...
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1074
How will a virtual keyboard protect you, if someone is recording your session? { Remote software gives hackers access to whatever is displayed

on your desktop. } The best protection for now is 2FA to a mobile phone, so if the hacker do not have access to your phone, it would be more

difficult for them to acquire your password. Some hackers bruteforce passwords or they hack the database.  Angry
Activity: 742
Merit: 250
Hello

Pages:
Jump to: