Pages:
Author

Topic: See why most bounty hunters get scammed - page 5. (Read 1648 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 104
There are ways bounty hunters can protect themselves, if you believe Time is money, then invest your time wisely

1. Only join campaigns from reputable managers this is very important, most of these unknown manager lacks experience to get your money for you and also how to vet developers

2. Look for projects that the tokens are escrowed, though this is not common

3. Join campaigns you can invest your money into, this is very important, where you money is, that is where your heart will also be

4. Help call out bad campaign managers, some managers have history of not paying their hunters call them out, give them red trust and soil their reputation

It is not that easy to protect yourself. The teams are clever and can change rules later. I like it when they announce the rules and everybody sticks to it. That is important for the integrity of the industry. Sometimes they just change the rules in the middle of the campaign and you are disappointed then. Why would they do that? Only in their own favor which is a wrong thing to do.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 3
Most bounty do not care to read through before participating in any type of project .They are mostly in a rush to participate without caring much wheather it is a scam or not .At the end most hunters are not paid for their work or lose their money if they have already invested in those scams projects.
Activity: 2478
Merit: 210
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Bounty Hunters Don't Read

This thread Explains it

However, won't be surprised to see another application below  Roll Eyes lol

They refuse to read the thread very well and understand the rules
They don't even bother to check who's behind the project and don't even know the credibility of bountymanager.
They are very much in a haste to earn and that is why they earn up being scammed.
This is indeed because more of them are just Alt account that spamming the forum sometimes using bot.
They sheepishly follow existing application
even if a legit scam cares nothing but just applying again and again.
They refuse to doubt when it sounds too good to be true

***** Just imagine application kept coming in, in an April Fool's Thread.
Are these applications from bots...

Instead they become blinded by the promises and cares none for their effort of become scam.
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
█ J A X N E T W O R K █
I think some of the bounty participants have never done their own DYOR, they follow the community's call, they don't care how the project is implemented? What is the shape of the website? Can smart contract be verified or not? Unfortunately, they may not have the knowledge to test them. If we try to break the bridge from phishing projects, they benefit from their time working.
Activity: 560
Merit: 4

This thread Explains it

They are very much in a haste to earn and that is why they earn up being scammed.

I agreed, it is much case in beginning, however if the bounty hunter read the threads carefully and most important who will post in thread.
I have some of bounties there is not any updates.

Scam Project.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bounty-ico-reedelsevier-6-week-50000-relx-250000-reward-pool-5317356
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bounty-buckscakes-bounty-campaign-9000-bkc-180000finished-5322052

Activity: 756
Merit: 100
In my opinion, this is very much the case for beginner bounty hunters, because indeed I myself experienced this in my early days as a bounty hunter, but for now, I think senior bounty hunters have learned quite a lot from their experiences and mistakes, so the problem of this scam can be avoided
Activity: 897
Merit: 101
Most of bounty hunters does not know what they work for. They event does not understand the project. Thats why they got scamed. The best part is " they does not read the rules then complained about what bounty manager gives". Try to ask one of them about what they put on their signature or their twitter, you will be amazed with the answear.
i dont think so , bounty hunter now very aware while working any task from manager. they have bad experienced in previous bounty which is miss weekly stake due unread all rules in thread. for someone got scammed , in my opinion they work on all campaign without any filtering which is good campaign or not so possibility become bigger
Merit: 250

This thread Explains it

Maybe it's because they lack knowledge. It's either professional, but sometimes it's tricked.
The reason is not reading carefully, not understanding the principles. Or it's the people who set up ghost projects. You can't blame the bounies hunter.
It is important to learn the principles of the campaign, avoid fraudulent projects...
Activity: 3024
Merit: 647
Most of the bounty hunters do not care if they will get scammed, they won't just join one bounty and they have already foreseen that some bounty they get scammed, some they will make money, it's alright for them. However, it's not good as they are like supporting a scam if they are promoting a bounty that is making too good to be true offers, bounty hunters might not lose a lot but investors will lose a lot of money because they promoted it.

Bounty hunters have to know their responsibility in the community.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 100
C O M B O
not doing research on every bounty is the first thing to do and usually see big prizes that make immediately follow without knowing whether the team is trusted or fake, and that's where many bounty hunters are deceived and greedy.
There is also some truth in what you say and indeed we must learn from experience in order to avoid a scam project,
most bounty hunters, if they see big prizes, will be interested in joining of course,
so just be careful and don't be easily tempted by things like that
Activity: 2072
Merit: 529
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
There are ways bounty hunters can protect themselves, if you believe Time is money, then invest your time wisely

1. Only join campaigns from reputable managers this is very important, most of these unknown manager lacks experience to get your money for you and also how to vet developers

2. Look for projects that the tokens are escrowed, though this is not common

3. Join campaigns you can invest your money into, this is very important, where you money is, that is where your heart will also be

4. Help call out bad campaign managers, some managers have history of not paying their hunters call them out, give them red trust and soil their reputation
It is difficult to find honest and worthy bounty campaigns. The best that can happen if a trustworthy bounty manager holds the tokens for distribution in custody. That way the hunters can be sure to receive the tokens according to the rules that were valid when they applied for the campaign.
Yes, but there are not many managers who can be trusted either, so the campaign participants also have to filter and select them first because managers are also human beings who sometimes greediness can also arise at certain times. Grin

I exactly know what you mean. You can't even tell if they are part of the scam. I checked many campaigns and the best are those that pay reliably on a weekly basis. It is not so easy to find such campaigns before they are already closed for new participants.
because sometimes the campaign you mean only has a small number of participants. such a project is definitely profitable and we can sell it.
as I followed, even though the price is cheap but I can get something for sure by following the signature campaign.
Currently, many of the bounty hunters only focus on their favorite bounty manager. don't see how the project will be developed.

It can also mean that others know more than you do or that it is blatantly obvious that this project is a scam. A low number of participants is more often than not an indicator for a bad project in these days. There are so many hunters that it is unlikely a project goes widely undetected for a while. Just doesn't happen anymore.

A few years ago it happened more often because relatively there were less hunters per project than there are today even if there might be more projects today. The number of hunters increased manyfold.
Activity: 910
Merit: 101
not doing research on every bounty is the first thing to do and usually see big prizes that make immediately follow without knowing whether the team is trusted or fake, and that's where many bounty hunters are deceived and greedy.
Activity: 1960
Merit: 586
Free Crypto Faucet in Trustdice
The majority of bounty hunters just want to have as many campaign, majority of them are not sure if the project they are promoting have potential in the market, especially those in social media bounty, I have seen bounty hunters still promoting campaigns even if it has a scam accusations because they are not doing research or visits the scam sections.

The ability to analysis or find information about good bounty projects is needed, many bounty campaigns commit scam and this is really detrimental to a bounty hunter and also investors who invest in the project. therefore I would be better off waiting for a project that has a greater chance of being well developed by devs than following all the campaigns
Activity: 2870
Merit: 564
The majority of bounty hunters just want to have as many campaign, majority of them are not sure if the project they are promoting have potential in the market, especially those in social media bounty, I have seen bounty hunters still promoting campaigns even if it has a scam accusations because they are not doing research or visits the scam sections.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 115
It is difficult to find honest and worthy bounty campaigns. The best that can happen if a trustworthy bounty manager holds the tokens for distribution in custody. That way the hunters can be sure to receive the tokens according to the rules that were valid when they applied for the campaign.
Yes, but there are not many managers who can be trusted either, so the campaign participants also have to filter and select them first because managers are also human beings who sometimes greediness can also arise at certain times. Grin

I exactly know what you mean. You can't even tell if they are part of the scam. I checked many campaigns and the best are those that pay reliably on a weekly basis. It is not so easy to find such campaigns before they are already closed for new participants.
True but some of them are also not consistent and some  times dont seems to know whether they really want to go on with the bounty campaign or not. I noticed a couple that after every week the BM had to call of the bounty until they verify that the next week will continue and after 2 weeks it was stopped. Some times some of those bounties too are limited to higher ranked members due to their limited application. 
Activity: 938
Merit: 250
The First Idle Defense Blockchain Game

because sometimes the campaign you mean only has a small number of participants. such a project is definitely profitable and we can sell it.
as I followed, even though the price is cheap but I can get something for sure by following the signature campaign.
Currently, many of the bounty hunters only focus on their favorite bounty manager. don't see how the project will be developed.

Activity: 2044
Merit: 16
Newbies are always fall into this scenario and they keep just joining without even reading full indications of the thread which is a prank in the beginning.  Grin Though there are projects scammed bounty hunters not getting paid despite all the efforts they been through promoting, yet some greedy projects threat bounty hunters with negligence.
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
Bounties are the most unpredictable thing I know, there are many projects that looks so good with better use case but they end up not paying or they give up the ghost, there are also some projects that looks not so good not attractive but they still deliver and surprised many, I'm looking at you Sovryn 😏
Pages:
Jump to: