Pages:
Author

Topic: Seeking Loan for Sci-Fi Blu Ray Movie Release - page 2. (Read 3078 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
September 05, 2012, 11:33:50 PM
I have the appropriate collateral to back the loan

Do you mean that massive weed farm somewhere in the woods in Colorado?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!
September 05, 2012, 10:45:14 PM
48K BTC is quite a sum...care to post a business plan/pro-formas?  It might help you attract investors.

Any interested parties can contact me by e-mail and I will put you in touch with my lawyer for more details.  I have the appropriate collateral to back the loan and if this doesn't work out I will go a more traditional route.  I just though it would be cool to fund a unique project like this via the Bitcoin Community as part of proving what amazing potential we have here.

I have a background in public relations and advertising so I am familiar in general with how complex a project it will be to promote this film given that a minority of critics have unfairly given it negative reviews.

The actual process of conversion to Blu Ray I am not familiar with but through my spiritual group I have many contacts in the film industry who I am sure would be happy to work with me on this matter.  

Thank you for your interest.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Ad astra.
September 05, 2012, 06:45:21 PM
Rarity, thank you for another superbly entertaining thread.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1009
September 05, 2012, 02:47:58 PM
I have worn out my VHS and DVD copies of the film.

Just curious, how did you wear out a DVD?

If you rub it on your private parts too long and too often, there will be read errors after a time, especially if you do not remove the sticky stuff.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
September 05, 2012, 02:34:05 PM
If you get this through, could you then please use some of the lessons learned to go ahead and put onto Blu Ray: Gigli?
Activity: 546
September 05, 2012, 01:36:39 PM
Didn't this movie practically ruin John Travolta's career? It was a stinker. How can you even consider criticizing dank bank with ideas like this?  Cheesy

Now I HAVE to watch it.

The book was better...

... but not by much.

It's Mitt Romney's favorite book.

Ole Mitt has one foot on Kolob, and Xenu has hold of the other!
edd
donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
September 05, 2012, 12:52:38 PM
Didn't this movie practically ruin John Travolta's career? It was a stinker. How can you even consider criticizing dank bank with ideas like this?  Cheesy

Now I HAVE to watch it.

The book was better...

... but not by much.
September 05, 2012, 12:25:13 PM
Rarity, thank you for your contribution to this forum and community.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
September 05, 2012, 12:23:52 PM

Now I HAVE to watch it.
Activity: 272
Cryptopreneur
September 05, 2012, 11:56:10 AM
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
September 05, 2012, 11:08:10 AM

Perhaps this has something to do with it:

from the link you posted:

The subsequent film adaptation, released in 2000, was a commercial failure and was criticized as one of the "worst films ever made".

Also from Rarity's link, there's this:

What I am looking for is a loan in the amount of 48,000 BTC to spearhead a Blu Ray restoration and release of this excellent film.

48K BTC is quite a sum...care to post a business plan/pro-formas?  It might help you attract investors.
Activity: 280
September 05, 2012, 10:57:28 AM
I sense another classic thread in the making. I beg you all to proceed.
September 05, 2012, 10:32:58 AM
Greetings,

One of my favorite movies of all time is called Battlefield Earth.  It is a classic, critically acclaimed science fiction movie starring John Travolta which was based on a New York Times best-selling novel of the same name.   The movie features prescient themes about the dangers of mind control and the ability of much maligned underground churches to resit the influence of those who would oppress them. 

Unfortunately, this cinema classic has yet to receive a Blu Ray release for reasons that are not entirely clear to me.

Perhaps this has something to do with it:

from the link you posted:

The subsequent film adaptation, released in 2000, was a commercial failure and was criticized as one of the "worst films ever made".
September 05, 2012, 10:30:19 AM
Hahhahahahahahahahahahaa awesome!

I bet I know why you like that movie!

Grin

September 05, 2012, 09:45:01 AM
If I win the bet, I will make a substantial contribution to your cause.

Hah!  I've been thinking of offering to cover part of your bet just because I know I would never have to pay out since you are so obviously on the right side of things.  I'll hold you to this!
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
September 05, 2012, 09:43:36 AM
If I win the bet, I will make a substantial contribution to your cause.
September 05, 2012, 09:42:09 AM
Greetings,

One of my favorite movies of all time is called Battlefield Earth.  It is a classic, critically acclaimed science fiction movie starring John Travolta which was based on a New York Times best-selling novel of the same name.   The movie features prescient themes about the dangers of mind control and the ability of much maligned underground churches to resit the influence of those who would oppress them. 

Unfortunately, this cinema classic has yet to receive a Blu Ray release for reasons that are not entirely clear to me.  I have worn out my VHS and DVD copies of the film. What I am looking for is a loan in the amount of 48,000 BTC to spearhead a Blu Ray restoration and release of this excellent film.  I seek no profit from this enterprise, any profits and royalties from the success of this venture will be returned to the investors who have made it possible.  My only interest is to see a film classic presented to a larger audience in the best possible format.

Please contact me to discuss your investment in this venture, SERIOUS OFFERS ONLY: [email protected]
Pages:
Jump to: