Pages:
Author

Topic: Self-Driving Cars Could Save 300,000 Lives Per Decade in America - page 2. (Read 1244 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
I prefer cars with little to no sensors/computers in them.
So no thank you to the driverless car that will allow the police to disable at will.

Ah, so you are a fan of the high speed chase, which kills innocent people?
yea because they happen so often and kill so many people.
You one of those, "we need to do it for the children" type huh
coddle the darwin candidates.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
So no thank you to the driverless car that will allow the police to disable at will.

Ah, so you are a fan of the high speed chase, which kills innocent people?
Activity: 205
Merit: 100

Same here. Every other month i have tire pressure sensors or some stupid sensors to replace. I'd rather have my old 1987 honda accord, that thing would probably still be running if I never sold it! Sad
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
It IS going to be huge. Not only will it make the road safer but it'll give people time and productivity - think about all the time spent in traffic that will now be available for work or other things. Think about the people that are immobile (handicapped, elderly) that can now travel safely in their self driving car.

It's pretty amazing  and  it's great to see traditional car companies follow Google's lead in creating this technology.

Here's a video from Google: https://www.google.com/selfdrivingcar/
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
it was a joke of my donkey and I Cheesy, we are both very happy to know that a Caravan version will be made, as such we both will be able to travel great distance in safety, speed, harmony and having fun inside the "craft" Cheesy. forward !!!

and the last argument of the prohibitionist will crumble before their little restrictive, uncreative, noninnovative, conventional framed minds, and from their the gateway to drugs will be open Cheesy.

how to stop technology :p

it's gonna be HUUUUUUUUUGGGGGE :

http://www.technologyblogged.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/vin-diesel-caravan.jpg
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I prefer donkey.
Activity: 538
Merit: 250
I found something quite cool to share. In the next decade, you might have the chance of buying a self-driving car. And those self-driving cars will be saving hundreds of thousands of lives in the US alone. That's according to new research that shows that self-driving cars could save 29,447 lives a year.

You can read more about it in this article: http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2015/09/self-driving-cars-could-save-300000-lives-per-decade-in-america/407956/
Pages:
Jump to: