Pages:
Author

Topic: Sell BTC for Cash - page 4. (Read 574 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
December 21, 2017, 01:04:20 PM
I actually do not want a bank transfer, because I'm not a resident of the USA.
Seems to be more complicated, than I thought than sell BTC for some cash :-)

The ATM option is quite expensive. I just checked the rate for BTC selling and it is aroun 8%, means 160 Dollar just for some cash Sad
Activity: 434
Merit: 252
December 21, 2017, 12:59:50 PM
Please move your thread to the currency exchange section to get more exposure for your deal. Also regarding dealing with public, Be highly cautious while dealing with any stranger. I would personally avoid trading in public as anyone can mug you or some gangster be ready to prey on your BTC. 

If possible try to get an escrow here and go for Bank transfer altogether with some trusted member on the forum. So both the parties can have a safe trade. Also you can get better rates.
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
December 21, 2017, 12:54:42 PM
Never take the risk of getting scammed by strange people.

Go to a bitcoin ATM in your region and I know there are plenty of them in United States. This would be the best solution to cash them out for you.
December 21, 2017, 12:50:05 PM
With ATM I mean a Bitcoin ATM. A couple are located around Las Vegas for trading, but they usually call for up to 10% transaction fee. I do not know, if this already includes the system fees, but when I want to get 2000 Dollar, I have to pay 200 just for the transactions (sounds more like scam to me)

I woun't be alone, my wife will be with me, but it could take some time until the BTC transfer is validated and I have to wait until I get my Cash.

I looked at "localbitcoins.com" for people with some transactions and wanted to sell to them, but to be honest, I have no clue how to proceed.
I would open my "bitcoin.de" online-wallet and would start a transfer, when he presented the money.
Hopefully the buyer will be more experienced than me :-D
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
December 21, 2017, 12:40:08 PM
Face to face transaction in selling Bitcoin is a good way to avoid being scammed however keep in mind that the person you are dealing with is a complete stranger and this stranger may have something else in his mind and its not to exchange his fiat to BTC or vise versa. Don't meet alone, ask someone you know to be with you so if anything bad happens there is someone who can help you out right away.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
December 21, 2017, 12:29:39 PM
Hello,
I want to sell BTC in Las Vegas. I want to get around 2000 Dollar, depents on the x-change how much BTC I have to spent.

I have to opportunities:
- Sell BTC to a stranger found with localbitcoins.com
- Sell BTC on an ATM.

The x-change rate at an ATM is quite poor, but for me it sounds "safe" to sell it to a maschine.

In general I do not have any idea how it will work. I have a german wallet on bitcoin.de and I'm not interessted in transfering it somewhere else then to the buyers wallet due to the high transaction fees.
What would you think how long I have to wait, until the payment is processed? I'm not interesssted in waiting a long time to get the deal done.

Any tips for the deal beside public area, free wifi and counterfeit money?

Thanks a lot!

Go for an ATM, it's much more safe and saves lot of time. Just imagine the whole time you would been looking for a right man for a trade.
Activity: 672
Merit: 253
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
December 21, 2017, 10:37:51 AM
which I know how much cash you want to get at this time it depends on the price movement at the moment. and what I do to sell bitcoin is usually through a local wallet site that exists in my country and the price I can get right now is dependent on price quotations when I make my btc sales. and as you said that is about some things you can do to sell your bitcoin if someone is willing to accept individual bitcoin I think you can do that because I think with you doing a sale that way of course course you will be able to negotiate a price issue that you can agree on.
Activity: 427
Merit: 100
December 21, 2017, 10:12:25 AM
Selling to a stranger will give you opportunity to negotiate the price in your favour. Go with this option.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
December 21, 2017, 10:00:48 AM
Why not accept ATM but first share with us if what site you are talking about that accept ATM cards..
If you feel safe there better to sell your bitcoin and accept ATM since there are people already scam in localbitcoin if you don't follow the escrow rule there are possibility that you will be scam just be ware and follow the rule carefully when dealing to someone in localbitcoin..
About the fee i think better to wait for the network to decrease the fee if you transfer bitcoins right now it will ask for huge fee. so better to wait more weeks or days if the fee lower..
December 21, 2017, 09:34:35 AM
Hello,
I want to sell BTC in Las Vegas. I want to get around 2000 Dollar, depents on the x-change how much BTC I have to spent.

I have to opportunities:
- Sell BTC to a stranger found with localbitcoins.com
- Sell BTC on an ATM.

The x-change rate at an ATM is quite poor, but for me it sounds "safe" to sell it to a maschine.

In general I do not have any idea how it will work. I have a german wallet on bitcoin.de and I'm not interessted in transfering it somewhere else then to the buyers wallet due to the high transaction fees.
What would you think how long I have to wait, until the payment is processed? I'm not interesssted in waiting a long time to get the deal done.

Any tips for the deal beside public area, free wifi and counterfeit money?

Thanks a lot!
Pages:
Jump to: