Pages:
Author

Topic: Selling Bitcoin = Opportunity loss?! - page 25. (Read 13043 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 250
July 01, 2017, 12:20:39 PM
For me selling bitcoin is also opportunity to lose. But it is okau because your money is safe if bitcoin decrease your money will not decrease because you sell your bitcoin. What if bitcpin price increase high you lose your opportunity to earn a lot of profit. But it depends to you if you sell your bitcoin or not.

Profit is going to come out when you sell bitcoin, you are losing opportunity because you can't hold on anymore. But if you sold bitcoin at good price there's nothing to lose, profit is there so don't regret if you sold some. The only regret and opportunity lose that is possible to happen if you never knew bitcoin and don't have an idea what it is.

Right, many people are still neglecting bitcoin because they can’t believe that there are online currencies. They are so close-minded and because of this, their loss opportunity here is to experience how saving bitcoin have been profitable for many users. If ever became so much popular in the future and its price somehow doubled again, I am sure that many people are going to regret how they ignored the chance of earning more than they could imagine in months, weeks, or a day.

Bitcoin’s use is still limited but who knows what will happen in the future, what will happen if it became legal, to be optimistic, what more can bitcoin do if it became legal?

I agree. Bitcoin's adoption is still very limited and only a small amount of the population is as educated about bitcoin as us here on this forum. It's nothing but logical that bitcoin is still very undervalued.

Even with the aid of modern technology, bitcoin is still unknown by many people. I have been encouraging my friends to try what I am already doing, which is earning bitcoin, but they seems so doubtful of this digital currency and would ask questions like, "Is that for real?" and "How are you going to used or spend that?".

They would not believe that online currencies exist and that they could be earned through joining and signing up for signature campaigns and altcoins. If only they would try and would see that with the recent rise in bitcoin’s price, they have already loss the chance to have an income of their own.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
July 01, 2017, 12:02:46 PM
It's definitely problematic that the price increase in bitcoin places an opportunity cost on spending it. Meaning that less goods will be bought since they are bought at the opportunity cost of holding btc. Less spending = less economic activity.

Coming to terms with this economic reality is at the core of btc.
it does not means you lost all the opportunities you can earn through bitcoin enough so that you will not be afraid of that much loss. You will be able to buy some more and keep it save for days of need or you can hold it till its price will rise once more. bitcoin change its price every day 

i am agree with you, i think when the price is down, we can buy more bitcoin and keep it for a moment until the price is up and i think its still worth if we are holding our bitcoin because the price is always back into normal. the price is down is just for correction and it will going up if we are patience to waiting.
Activity: 336
Merit: 252
July 01, 2017, 11:58:58 AM
For me selling bitcoin is also opportunity to lose. But it is okau because your money is safe if bitcoin decrease your money will not decrease because you sell your bitcoin. What if bitcpin price increase high you lose your opportunity to earn a lot of profit. But it depends to you if you sell your bitcoin or not.

Profit is going to come out when you sell bitcoin, you are losing opportunity because you can't hold on anymore. But if you sold bitcoin at good price there's nothing to lose, profit is there so don't regret if you sold some. The only regret and opportunity lose that is possible to happen if you never knew bitcoin and don't have an idea what it is.

Right, many people are still neglecting bitcoin because they can’t believe that there are online currencies. They are so close-minded and because of this, their loss opportunity here is to experience how saving bitcoin have been profitable for many users. If ever became so much popular in the future and its price somehow doubled again, I am sure that many people are going to regret how they ignored the chance of earning more than they could imagine in months, weeks, or a day.

Bitcoin’s use is still limited but who knows what will happen in the future, what will happen if it became legal, to be optimistic, what more can bitcoin do if it became legal?

I agree. Bitcoin's adoption is still very limited and only a small amount of the population is as educated about bitcoin as us here on this forum. It's nothing but logical that bitcoin is still very undervalued.
Activity: 612
July 01, 2017, 11:29:33 AM
It's definitely problematic that the price increase in bitcoin places an opportunity cost on spending it. Meaning that less goods will be bought since they are bought at the opportunity cost of holding btc. Less spending = less economic activity.

it does not means you lost all the opportunities you can earn through bitcoin enough so that you will not be afraid of that much loss. You will be able to buy some more and keep it save for days of need or you can hold it till its price will rise once more. bitcoin change its price every day 
Activity: 641
Merit: 505
July 01, 2017, 10:36:10 AM

Activity: 2520
Merit: 568
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
July 01, 2017, 08:35:27 AM

Activity: 1050
Merit: 252
July 01, 2017, 08:23:55 AM
well if you are not a risk taker better to step out since there's a big war inside crypto industry a lots of people loses their opportunity when they sell their holdings when btc value fluctuates panics happen but if you have a big nerve you can hold and wait for much better opportunity.
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
July 01, 2017, 07:01:59 AM
Selling Bitcoin = Opportunity Loss. Yes. Back then, I was about to convert 1 whole bitcoin into fiat just because I have the assurance that I actually own the money. So I can make sure that even when my bitcoin wallet gets hacked, I will still have money under my name. My sister even recommended to me to cash out a lot of money at first just so I have money to feed myself. I didn't listen to them. I don't need assurance. What I need is gain.

It was when the price of bitcoin was still just 1000$ and it was the peak of bitcoin before. I just didn't do it. I thought to myself that if I sell now, I wouldn't be able to sell when the price of bitcoin skyrockets. Months passed, I earned 1600$ by just holding and that's a lot of money for someone at my age.
Activity: 448
July 01, 2017, 06:46:12 AM
Depends on what price you bought bitcoins at. Sometimes we also need to sell so that there's more circulation. And if you have a profit of more than 20% in a month or two, I wouldn't consider that as a bad decision to sell, since most other investments take years to give that much yield.
That is a comical thought,why do you think you have to sell your coins for the circulation of bitcoin,if there is more demand and limited amount of coins then the price of bitcoin will rise,as long as you are selling your assets at a profit there is no opportunity loss,as you wont calculate your income like that.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 523
July 01, 2017, 06:42:56 AM
Activity: 952
Merit: 513
July 01, 2017, 05:58:36 AM
Agree with that, it's not right now to make a decision to selling it. Better wait until bitcoin prices looks start to rising again. It will be a bit lost profit if to selling it now, and the profit to earning more income will fail. Must be able to really predict the price well, so that the decision taken is very precise and satisfying.

I beg to differ.

Bitcoin currently is i guess not in a bubble anymore, since a few adjustments came. If you invest now though you'll probably see a significant price drop after the UASF, when a hard fork is likely to be activated by Bitcoin Unlimited. So yeah, if you invest now you could still earn a couple of hundred bucks, or even more, but you're carrying way more risk.

Selling bitcoin for the short term can be beneficial if you know what you're doing. For example if you know that price is too high($2900 in this pump) then you can dump, and if it's too low which is usually in between halvings, then you can buy back. Though you have more risk when you're holding fiat that overnight this can just turn into worthless pieces of junk.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
July 01, 2017, 02:17:39 AM
Do not sell if the coins were bought at a high price, because only lose. But those who bought coins a few years ago can be sold, if you really need money. Just because of the panic is not worth selling.
You got a point there, selling Bitcoin can only be an opportunity lost if:

1. you sold below the price you purchased them;

2. you sold your Bitcoin and spent the cash on consumables.

If you are actually trading your  Bitcoin, buying high and selling low, there is nothing the matter with that. Doing so actually presents a conducive environment in which Bitcoin would  thrive, imagine a scenario where no one is holding and unwilling to sell, won't leave the market healthier!
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
June 30, 2017, 01:19:02 PM

Activity: 714
June 30, 2017, 12:29:54 PM
Depends on what price you bought bitcoins at. Sometimes we also need to sell so that there's more circulation. And if you have a profit of more than 20% in a month or two, I wouldn't consider that as a bad decision to sell, since most other investments take years to give that much yield.

Yes depends on the holder if she/he will sell the coins bought. Most of us needs to earn profit so their investment may grow. If bitcoin dump grab the chane to buy back and hold. However, hold the opportunity that we cam earn profit bitcoin in the long run.
Activity: 630
Merit: 272
June 30, 2017, 09:51:28 AM
I try not to sell my coins. I do not trade on the stock exchange so sell only when I need to buy something. For me bitcoin is not a deity so I sell them without regret. It seems to me a stupid idea to deprive oneself of everything and to protect bitcoins. New laptop bought now could bring you more joy than a million in the old age.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
June 30, 2017, 07:35:33 AM
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 30, 2017, 06:29:57 AM
Many posts discuss the possibility of exchange earnings with selling Bitcoin (and buy later). Other posts discuss the Bitcoin exchange rate, it seems that many agree there is a strong upward tendency and the volatility is hard to predict. It seems dat selling Bitcoin results in a serious probability of an opportunity loss. Selling Bitcoin can only be motivated by an (partial) exit. Do you agree?
In today's situation,definitely selling bitcoins would be an opportunity loss since bitcoin price is continuously increasing and since experts had already predicted that bitcoin would move in bullish trend through out this year.Bitcoin is a long term investment coin unlike altcoins which are short term investments.Hence,just hold your bitcoins for some more time.
I completely agree with you. It is possible that after the august the price will go up and even higher than we've ever seen, so selling now is not a wise decision. If you want to sell something so badly, sell some altcoins)
After years of volatility, the Bitcoin price forecast is finally on an upward, bitcoin prices rose sharply in 2017. The year 2017 is truly a very busy year for Bitcoin shareholders. Bitcoin price really took flight after the second crash in late August. wait and see.

Very busy indeed. And it was accepted by japan and in a few days officially by auatralia and there would be another good run that can see btc investments shoot to beyond 3k. People were saying last year that 2017 would be a good year for btc, well its been a great year so far
Activity: 854
Merit: 504
June 27, 2017, 03:45:03 AM
Many posts discuss the possibility of exchange earnings with selling Bitcoin (and buy later). Other posts discuss the Bitcoin exchange rate, it seems that many agree there is a strong upward tendency and the volatility is hard to predict. It seems dat selling Bitcoin results in a serious probability of an opportunity loss. Selling Bitcoin can only be motivated by an (partial) exit. Do you agree?
In today's situation,definitely selling bitcoins would be an opportunity loss since bitcoin price is continuously increasing and since experts had already predicted that bitcoin would move in bullish trend through out this year.Bitcoin is a long term investment coin unlike altcoins which are short term investments.Hence,just hold your bitcoins for some more time.
I completely agree with you. It is possible that after the august the price will go up and even higher than we've ever seen, so selling now is not a wise decision. If you want to sell something so badly, sell some altcoins)
After years of volatility, the Bitcoin price forecast is finally on an upward, bitcoin prices rose sharply in 2017. The year 2017 is truly a very busy year for Bitcoin shareholders. Bitcoin price really took flight after the second crash in late August. wait and see.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
June 27, 2017, 03:30:37 AM
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
June 27, 2017, 02:41:29 AM
Pages:
Jump to: