Pages:
Author

Topic: Selling Bitcoin Over Market Price? - page 4. (Read 1910 times)

Activity: 198
Merit: 100
July 22, 2017, 10:53:57 PM
If you could get bitcoin at a certain price and then sell it to another exchange or person... how profitable would this be?  For example bitcoin is 2500 a coin.  You get them at 2500 a coin.  Localbitcoins it seems like ppl who buy bitcoin actually offer you more than 2500 per coin right?  If thats the case, why not look for a buyer... then buy your bitcoin from an exchange... then sell that bitcoin to a buyer for profit?  The issue of course is you need to make sure the price doesnt drop much between when you get the actual bitcoin in your wallet and doing the transaction with the other user.  Does anyone know how much money ppl are buying over the market price for bitcoin on localbitcoins?  For example if price is 2500... are people paying like 3 percent for it?  Thus 2575 etc for a coin?  Or is it the other way around?  Because i recalled didn't people sell bitcoin at face value or actually get less than face value?  But since bitcoin gotten really big, its actually worth more than cash value?

I planned to do the same thing here in Italy but then I realized that the gap between exchanges would take away my profit. If we knew the bitcoin price would stay constant, this would be a good way to earn money but the price moves and this could result in loss for us.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
July 22, 2017, 09:15:12 PM
If you could get bitcoin at a certain price and then sell it to another exchange or person... how profitable would this be?  For example bitcoin is 2500 a coin.  You get them at 2500 a coin.  Localbitcoins it seems like ppl who buy bitcoin actually offer you more than 2500 per coin right?  If thats the case, why not look for a buyer... then buy your bitcoin from an exchange... then sell that bitcoin to a buyer for profit?  The issue of course is you need to make sure the price doesnt drop much between when you get the actual bitcoin in your wallet and doing the transaction with the other user.  Does anyone know how much money ppl are buying over the market price for bitcoin on localbitcoins?  For example if price is 2500... are people paying like 3 percent for it?  Thus 2575 etc for a coin?  Or is it the other way around?  Because i recalled didn't people sell bitcoin at face value or actually get less than face value?  But since bitcoin gotten really big, its actually worth more than cash value?

I have tried this strategy (arbitrage). In India, in the month of April and May, Bitcoin was being sold at premium approximately $300-$400 high. I did earn a good profit from that. But the case you listed wouldn't be that profitable. Usually it is quite a hassle going from one exchange to another which is not worth for 3% rise. You are most likely to make a loss between the time gap from one exchange to another plus it includes a transaction fees. Instead of that holding might earn you a better profit.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟
July 22, 2017, 07:36:44 PM

Pages:
Jump to: