Pages:
Author

Topic: Selling on eBay sucks - page 2. (Read 7575 times)

Activity: 674
Merit: 500
April 19, 2013, 02:20:02 PM
Hey this sounds really bad.

This is exactly why I'm building my site flibbr.com.
Please go right ahead and create an account ~ I'll email you on the next release when something worth while is looking at.

A cryptocurrency alternative to ebay.

I was thinking about making a site just like that, but I don't have much experience in web design.

I hope your site takes off, these cocksuckers at ebay need to be put in their place.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
April 19, 2013, 10:00:40 AM
amazon has higher fee ( i used to sell papermoney and precious metal)
Activity: 674
Merit: 500
April 19, 2013, 09:56:56 AM
I've been an ebay member since 1999 and I don't remember ebay sucking this much years ago.

I recently sold a bunch of stuff and had one guy claim he didn't receive the item.  Since there was no delivery confirmation or tracking # ebay (paypal) by default just goes ahead and refunds him in full, with funds from my account.  What boils my blood is it's clear as day by reading his feedback that he's scammed countless others.  Yet ebay still fucks honest sellers like myself in the ass.

Scammers aside, in the early days of eBay you knew EXACTLY what your fees were for listing and selling items.  Now these crooks have deliberately made it difficult to see the fees so you get the illusion that your sale is pure profit.  Not even close to being true. 

Starting off with your final value fee at 10%, ebay's cut on a $100 sale is $10.  Then these crooks "double dip" on your sale because everybody uses paypal, to the tune of 4 or 5%.  So your $100 sale now becomes $85 profit for you.

But wait, there's more.

You need to ship your item, and the post office needs to make money too, right?  They charge their outrageous prices to ship your item, which seems to be increasing each year at an astronomical rate. 

So when all is said and done your profit goes down the toilet, assuming you were lucky enough to not have a scammer win your auction.

So what are our options?  Amazon?  Place your trust in somebody you don't know for a bitcoin sale?  Deal with idiots on craigslist who just want to waste your time with low-ball offers?
Pages:
Jump to: