Pages:
Author

Topic: Selling one of my Alpha-T 25,000 kh/s Viper ASIC Scrypt miner - page 2. (Read 2165 times)

Activity: 105
Merit: 10
'IF' is the key word.

The money spent on a pre-order of this vaporware would be better spent getting gear you can actually use now so you can make a ROI.
agreed , though all it takes to make it start leaning towards being a good investment is some solid proof that its real
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?
'IF' is the key word.

The money spent on a pre-order of this vaporware would be better spent getting gear you can actually use now so you can make a ROI.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1003
Start-up Hardware costs seem to be 40-60% and energy used is alot less with the Alpha Card.  Again production is sketchy because I saw one of the prototypes based on fpga technology.

If this is the real deal would be more efficient power-wise.  Hardware wise is a toss up because resale value of the components 6-9 months out are ALOT less than a mining rig with High end cards like R9 290 and nice PSUs.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
cold feet indeed , not to mention the fact the prices op mentioned are blown out of all proportion , there is still not even 1 fact that doesnt show alpha t are a scam
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?
So basically you are only selling a pre-order concept. Your description means nothing really as none of that has even been proven yet because there is no Alpha-T card or even a prototype.

Also your figures are off.

Could the real reason be cold feet ?
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Hi

I am selling one of my Alpha-T 25,000 kh/s Viper ASIC Scrypt miner, the guys can mine Litecoin (LTC), Dogecoin (DOGE), Infinitecoin (IFC), Feathercoin (FTC), Worldcoin (WDC) and any other Scrypt-based crypto currencies.

These devices are a real powerhouses when it comes to scrypt hashing. To get the equivalent hashing power from AMD Radeon HD 7950's (the current gold standard in Litecoin mining, in terms of power per kilohash/sec) you would need to buy close to 50 cards. Currently the cheapest 7950 sells on newegg.ca for $400 plus shipping plus taxes so your looking at about $469.74 per card... (the recommended manufacture for these types of cards for these types of cards is SAPPHIRE, but their cards sell for close to $500 plus shipping plus taxes per card). Anyway, assuming the cheaper cards, $469.74 * 50 = $23,487 to get the equivalent hashing power from video cards. In addition you would need to buy RAM, motherboards, CPU's, HD's, Power Supplies and Cases to house all these computers... Your looking at, at least 30K basic setup cost plus the headache of designing cases and floor plans for proper heat dissipation and distribution. In addition you may have to call in an electrition (as was my case) to seriously upgrade your homes electrical system. Besides the initial setup cost you'll see SERIOUS savings on your monthly electrical bill, 200w * 50 = 10,000w versus 300w.

Currently the end of Q2 is Alpha-T's targeted release date. I purchased the unit the day the order books went live, so your getting a Batch 1 unit close to the beginning of the queue.

If you have any questions or concerns, I'll be happy answer them...

P.S. I'm selling one of these units only because I've got a bit of a cash crunch going on right now... Pm me if interested...
Pages:
Jump to: