Pages:
Author

Topic: Selloff! - page 3. (Read 9451 times)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10
June 08, 2011, 04:44:41 PM
Price dropping like a rock. 20% off high
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
June 08, 2011, 04:41:43 PM
This is the time to buy!
{"ticker":{"high":31.9099,"low":19,"vol":105869,"buy":26.11,"sell":26.2,"last":26}}
legendary
Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012
June 08, 2011, 04:34:39 PM
Let it rain, Baby!  Grin

I could talk about Bitcoin prices all day long.

I think the talking will get less if the price drops...

(No, I'm bullish for BTC)
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
June 08, 2011, 04:33:07 PM
Let it rain, Baby!  Grin

I could talk about Bitcoin prices all day long.
Activity: 42
June 08, 2011, 04:27:49 PM
These conversations about the price of BTC are getting just about as interesting as conversations about the weather.

Then you either have a large amount of BTC that your never intend to part with any fraction of, or you hold 0 BTC and never intend to invest.

Activity: 56
June 08, 2011, 04:23:44 PM
Ivanish,

technical indicators are concoctions of the past, and in this case are out the window entirely. Float, volitility, news etc etc, are making this mostly unreadable, although I did a "special" analysis last night that told me this was going to 32 within days, that target turned out to be today.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
bitcoin - the aerogel of money
June 08, 2011, 04:20:35 PM
These conversations about the price of BTC are getting just about as interesting as conversations about the weather.
Activity: 9
June 08, 2011, 04:12:43 PM
If you're looking at a 2 day or 3 day analysis of MTGOX/USD, I'd say yes we're in the later phases of an upward trend. 1-2-5 day ADX indicates a strong shift to a downward trend. In fact, the 2 day ADX shows a drop from 65~ ADX upward trend to 35~ ADX downward trend (and rising trend strength).

This is all fine and dandy if you're just looking for a quick buck.

If you switch to a 30day, 60, or 90day view though you'll notice that there is still a 70~ ADX positive trend with the +DI over 50 and the -DI next to 0.

Don't freak out folks. Keep growing bitcoin and shut your pie holes about 'where BTC/USD is going' until you know how to actually read some charts.

Just my ฿.02.

1Lhifrdmq563mZxY5gqYPEN5AdkN7Townd - For if this made you feel better about your investments Smiley Numbers do not lie!

I personally don't have much of a dog in this fight. Yet.

But I do probably represent BTC's target market pretty well (reasonably technical auto-didact looking for anonymous non-fiat holdings). The only thing holding me back from investing moderately heavily in terms of a direct USD exchange is the radioactive growth. Im not saying it can't go on like this forever, just that it probably wont, and if and or when that time approaches, there are many like me waiting for a more stable entry point. Just my฿.02

In the meantime, I'll keep on with my 1.5 Ghps.

I hope to in the next few weeks, build a better set of online tools for miners/investors.

I need help to do it in a reasonable time frame, as I'm more of a front end developer than anything... but this community desperately needs better tools. Threads like this one are all the evidence I need for that presumption.
Activity: 15
June 08, 2011, 04:12:22 PM
Lol, I thought this was funny.  One buyer standing alone again all the sellers.

Loolz  I could be me, i went out when the price was 31.89 and bid on 28.51

one hour ago:
You Bought 23.37 BTC for 28.5111!
You Bought 11.63 BTC for 28.5111!
Activity: 42
June 08, 2011, 04:03:39 PM
If you're looking at a 2 day or 3 day analysis of MTGOX/USD, I'd say yes we're in the later phases of an upward trend. 1-2-5 day ADX indicates a strong shift to a downward trend. In fact, the 2 day ADX shows a drop from 65~ ADX upward trend to 35~ ADX downward trend (and rising trend strength).

If you switch to a 30day, 60, or 90day view though you'll notice that there is still a 70~ ADX positive trend with the +DI over 50 and the -DI next to 0.

Don't freak out folks. Keep growing bitcoin and shut your pie holes about 'where BTC/USD is going' until you know how to actually read some charts.

Just my ฿.02.

1Lhifrdmq563mZxY5gqYPEN5AdkN7Townd - For if this made you feel better about your investments Smiley Numbers do not lie!

I personally don't have much of a dog in this fight. Yet.

But I do probably represent BTC's target market pretty well (reasonably technical auto-didact looking for anonymous non-fiat holdings). The only thing holding me back from investing moderately heavily in terms of a direct USD exchange is the radioactive growth. Im not saying it can't go on like this forever, just that it probably wont, and if and or when that time approaches, there are many like me waiting for a more stable entry point. Just my฿.02

In the meantime, I'll keep on with my 1.5 Ghps.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
June 08, 2011, 04:01:57 PM
I am personally hoping for a big sell of down to 10 or lower again.. I would like a 2nd opportunity to load up.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
June 08, 2011, 04:01:08 PM

Just my ฿.02.

Son, I don't understand a word you just said.

But, it's time to do some googling.  Wink
Activity: 84
Agorist
June 08, 2011, 04:00:04 PM
Hold on to your bits, gentlemen. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

But seriously, hold on to them.
Activity: 112
June 08, 2011, 03:59:33 PM
Don't you get it? we aren't going to "cash out." ever. Bitcoin is money. we're cashing out of FRNs.

It is this attitude which will allow bitcoin to become the success we are dreaming of!
Activity: 126
June 08, 2011, 03:57:52 PM
Is Bitcoin just hoarded? Didn't 1,173,487.14 Bitcoin changed hands in the last 30 days of the 6,472,000 in existence on MtGox exchange alone?  Didn't 103,665 Bitcoins on MtGox alone (www.mtgox.com - trade page) changed hands in the last day?  Have Bitcoin as a medium of exchange now been distributed among the masses?  Is this a good thing not to have such concentrated Bitcoin wealth?
Activity: 9
June 08, 2011, 03:56:21 PM

Just my ฿.02.

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
June 08, 2011, 03:56:00 PM
You need to factor in that the entire 30d volume in BTC according to bitcoincharts is less than $12.5million, and that's probably >90% of all the money ever traded.  The market cap right now is $200M.  So much of this is just on paper gains at this point, which makes anything possible as far as price moves.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007
Hide your women
June 08, 2011, 03:54:35 PM
N!"
"This is the peak for sure, no way it'll reach $40!"
"It's going to market correct down to $0.30"

The frothiness alone would have me liquidating some derivative proportion today.

That said, I'm still a newcomer dying to get USD into BTC. I'm personally not foretelling doom, per se - I doubt very highly that BTC ever crashes (>75% of current rates) - Just that there has to be a significant correction at some point right?
[/quote]

Percentage-wise, it's getting less frothy by the week. If I had a BTC for every newby who made the same comment as you, I'd be Satoshi Jr. People have been predicting a correction since 1BTC, 1USD.  Don't you get it? we aren't going to "cash out." ever. Bitcoin is money. we're cashing out of FRNs.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
June 08, 2011, 03:51:05 PM
I love these threads, they make me laugh.

Hovering around $3/BTC:
"ZOMG, the market's going to CRASH and BURNNNNN!"
"This is the peak for sure, no way it'll reach $5!"

Hovering around $8/BTC:
"This is the peak for sure, no way it'll reach $10!"

Hovering around $18/BTC:
"This is the peak for sure, no way it'll reach $20!"

Hovering around $30/BTC:
"This is the peak for sure, no way it'll reach $40!"

We'll I suppose they're all wrong... Until they're right..

The frothiness alone would have me liquidating some derivative proportion today.

That said, I'm still a newcomer dying to get USD into BTC. I'm personally not foretelling doom, per se - I doubt very highly that BTC ever crashes (>75% of current rates) - Just that there has to be a significant correction at some point right?
There may be a correction as some point, sure.  And I don't mind if one does come.  But it's not going to be down to $0.30 without bitcoin dying out completely, and it would have to be initiated with a major event, such as the US government (or any other government, for that matter) outright stating that using bitcoins as a currency is illegal.  Whether or not they can enforce that position doesn't really matter - what matters is that people would lose confidence, and it would spiral into a panic sell until they're completely devalued.

As long as there's no major event like that though, there's not going to be any major corrections.  I doubt we'll ever see a drop of more than 50% in value without a corresponding event.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
June 08, 2011, 03:49:21 PM
If it's a truly a paradigm change (like horseback to automobiles), then no, there doesn't have to be a substantial correction.
Pages:
Jump to: