Pages:
Author

Topic: Senate passes internet sales tax bill - page 2. (Read 1626 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502
May 08, 2013, 08:22:14 AM
Makes my skin crawl. I think it still needs to go through house to be fully passed. I'd like to get DeathandTaxes opinion on this. I see he post some good points on subjects.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/may/06/senate-passes-internet-sales-tax-amazon

Imo, this country is gonna be taxed to death.

step 1: spend more
step 2: tax more
step 3: go back to step 1

the u.s. government spends itself into near financial collapse, then uses budget cuts and subsequent job losses as a fear-tactic to raise taxes (even though their budget actually grew this year so they shouldn't have had to cut anything). every year our economy grows more and more dependent on the government and central economic planning.

not to mention anybody who speaks out against it is labeled as a naive nutjob who doesn't want to pay for the 'roads' they use.

What rots me, is that these people in senate, house, white house, leo's & feds don't do a damn thing to get hand calluses, they live off of the citizens, claiming they work. I was watching this bill to be passed, on CSPN, you know how many people I seen just standing around in suits doing nothing and getting paid by peoples taxes? There was a ton of them. I just nodded my head in shame at these people. Fucking leeches.
Activity: 354
Merit: 250
May 07, 2013, 08:47:07 PM
Makes my skin crawl. I think it still needs to go through house to be fully passed. I'd like to get DeathandTaxes opinion on this. I see he post some good points on subjects.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/may/06/senate-passes-internet-sales-tax-amazon

step 1: spend more
step 2: tax more
step 3: go back to step 1

the u.s. government spends itself into near financial collapse, then uses budget cuts and subsequent job losses as a fear-tactic to raise taxes (even though their budget actually grew this year so they shouldn't have had to cut anything). every year our economy grows more and more dependent on the government and central economic planning.

not to mention anybody who speaks out against it is labeled as a naive nutjob who doesn't want to pay for the 'roads' they use.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
May 07, 2013, 02:05:15 PM
Yeah it is going to be bad news if it passes.  The real problem isn't entities like Amazon but smaller companies.  I mean honestly $1M in sales isn't that much even for a small business.  Most banks put the line between small business and corporate accounts at $10M in annual sales.

For small businesses (and note small businesses are the job created) it (along with health care reform bill) is a death blow.  In the US IIRC there are something like 237 different tax localities (some at state level and some at city/county level).  Most states also have multiple different tax rates depends on the product.  That is simply a massive burden for small businesses.  Many will fail, many will remain noncompliant and risk getting sued, many will scale back their online activities.

For a country struggling to grow the number of jobs well this is just asinine.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
May 07, 2013, 11:03:29 AM
Oh, my god. "Marketplace Fairness Act."

If that isn't a lovely little piece of doublespeak straight out of Atlas Shrugged.
Activity: 770
Merit: 502
May 07, 2013, 10:58:23 AM

Pages:
Jump to: