Pages:
Author

Topic: Send bitcoin at 2011 - page 2. (Read 661 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
October 18, 2017, 05:01:03 PM
I think same like today - 10-30 minutes.
Power of protocol is rising proportional.

I was not there in 2011, but I know some people that did transactions in the early days, and confirmations were not relevant. 0 confirmations were safe because of the lack of interest and resources put into a potential double spend attack, so you could instantly receive the coins and then spend them.

People like Roger Ver falsely sell the narrative of this being taken away by Core devs because they refuse to  raise the blocksize, what they don't get is the fact that 0 confirmations will never be safe again, and they were never intended to be a viable way to safely spend coins, even satoshi said so.

Exactly, things have slightly changed from then. For now, with zero confirmation, transaction most likely won't be activated as you have to exercise patient a bit for a more liable access to transaction.

Yeah the world of bitcoin changed a lot specially its trading price. For in the first that bitcoin wasn't that priced yet maybe people just ignored it. But now its a big in price. People who stored it for a long time were so lucky now that it was big in price.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 624
October 18, 2017, 03:07:58 PM

I was not there in 2011, but I know some people that did transactions in the early days, and confirmations were not relevant. 0 confirmations were safe because of the lack of interest and resources put into a potential double spend attack, so you could instantly receive the coins and then spend them.

People like Roger Ver falsely sell the narrative of this being taken away by Core devs because they refuse to  raise the blocksize, what they don't get is the fact that 0 confirmations will never be safe again, and they were never intended to be a viable way to safely spend coins, even satoshi said so.

Exactly, things have slightly changed from then. For now, with zero confirmation, transaction most likely won't be activated as you have to exercise patient a bit for a more liable access to transaction.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
October 18, 2017, 02:25:17 PM

Activity: 966
Merit: 500
October 18, 2017, 02:01:18 PM
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
October 15, 2017, 08:48:10 AM
So at 2011 you can easy send 1 BTC Because price was too low

how long did it take for every  transaction  need to be confirmed
Pages:
Jump to: