Pages:
Author

Topic: Sent 1.5M DOGE to DGC address on BTER.COM (Happy Ending!!!) - page 2. (Read 3287 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
yeah you wouldnt think they would risk bad rep for the exchange for and loose all the trade fees just to steal some pocket change compared to fee revenue.
Maybe they go a bit more complex process to access the keys,  tsuch as tight securty measures could make it not so simple to (the coin privkeys would would hopefuly be locked down well, maybe the manual operation he'd need to perfor actual means travel to the server for local console access, or travel to location of ssh login key for coinadmin account. Send him a reminder  every week or whatever so he won't forget it, and hope he'll recover them when i gets the chance.... or adds your email to spamfilter/
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
It would take them 30 seconds to ssh into the server, dump the dgc privkey for your address, import the dumped dgc privkey into doge clent, then send contents of doge address  to the doge address linked to your bter account

I've told this to the guys on the support mail and gave them the exact operations. To no avail so far.

I wonder if they are intending the theft of them.
May i ask what what was the dgc address you sent them to?
When you look at that address on dogecoin block explorer there should show the receiving transaction of your dogecoin?
Any send transaction would mean they ahve already taken the 30 seconds to recover your coins.. but instead of sending to you, just stolen them.

http://dogechain.info/address/DJT6dnvD4w8JHv1tR7DBQmPHmPYzUr85zU

It seems the coins have not yet been redeemed and there are no other operations from that address. I'm still hopeful they are not dishonest but just need to get their notion of "support" straight. They make money on every trade I make at their place, it's not like it's free service. Sure, man, it's my fault and I'm all to blame but they can fix this in a few seconds if they wanted to.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
They argue that they have no time and it requires too much work.

It would take them 30 seconds to ssh into the server, dump the dgc privkey for your address, import the dumped dgc privkey into doge clent, then send contents of doge address  to the doge address linked to your bter account

I wonder if they are intending the theft of them.
May i ask what what was the dgc address you sent them to?
When you look at that address on dogecoin block explorer there should show the receiving transaction of your dogecoin?
Any send transaction would mean they ahve already taken the 30 seconds to recover your coins.. but instead of sending to you, just stolen them.

i guess scamcoins like doge don't actualy have any actual developers, just a bunch of marketing/pumping scammers and a search/replace function,  thus never thoguht or knew how to ensure the address generation algo was uniq from dgc (which already had the da bit more than just the starting D which dgc was already using) , The result being that the dogecoin client well just send them to the dgc address because it is also a valid dogecoin aaddress.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Hi,

I made the horrible mistake of sending 1.5M DOGE to a DGC address on BTER: the addresses are almost identical and the rows are on top of eachother on the balance page. I don't know, I was tired and distracted...

I did some research and there is an easy way to recuperate my coins (proven), but it is a manual operation that needs to be performed on BTER side.
They must extract the private key from the DGC wallet and import it into the DOGE wallet. It is a trivial operation that takes a few seconds.

ex:
  • on DGC wallet:
    • walletpassphrase __passphrase__ 120
    • dumpprivkey DJT6dnvD4w8JHv1tR7DBQmPHmPYzUr85zU
  • on DOGE wallet:
    • walletpassphrase __passphrase__ 120
    • importprivkey __generated_key__

I have implored their support person to help me, using all kinds of arguments, but to no avail. They argue that they have no time and it requires too much work. I have offered them a 200K reward if they would do it, which largely compensates the small effort to accomplish these operations.

I know for example freeworm is part of the BTER staff and I hope he will read this post. Any other ideas on how I can convince BTER to help me are welcome.

I'm totally messed up by this event because DOGE was the first crypto I've mined for weeks and weeks...

Any advice or help welcome!
dingoKoin

Here's how I screwed up:

Addresses with identical structure:
  • DGC address: DJT6dnvD4w8JHv1tR7DBQmPHmPYzUr85zU
  • DOGE address: DJmjrEMVfqFQQvoMzXcMLd3kD39vixQXBk

Pages:
Jump to: