Pages:
Author

Topic: Sent money to old deposit address - Cryptopia refuses to deposit it - page 2. (Read 258 times)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738
Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com
Hello! I successfully deposited Litecoin 3 times to address LNonYyjqv26DWzZPCpYsaquuxXJT9XGCiH. 17 d ago  I sent another deposit 12.90700351 LTC.
on their news page and twitter they posted a warning about deposit address
you made a deposit on Apr 23, 2019 which is after they posted the info on 16~17th
you should read the news/updates before making deposit specially when that exchange has just been breached

I wonder, why Cryptopia can not refund that LTC, if they have private keys?
they surely have created new wallets for all coins, hence old wallet addresses would probably be discarded
if they saved their old wallets, they will need to manually export pk of your address, import then recover your coins
they could do all that but they probably won't make an effort and waste their time for your mistake

Be forewarned anyone depositing coins

https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ
Please ensure you only deposit to newly generated deposit addresses.
Deposits to old Cryptopia addresses will not be covered.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2736
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
Collateral damage.

I would say stay away from Cryptopia for a serious amount of time. Do not deposit any coins there.
sorry for your lose, I am not sure if you will be able to recover your coins.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Hello! I successfully deposited Litecoin 3 times to address LNonYyjqv26DWzZPCpYsaquuxXJT9XGCiH. 17 d ago  I sent another deposit 12.90700351 LTC. It was not deposited. When I contacted Cryptopia I was informed that
Following the events of January 14th the Cryptopia website was placed in maintenance to prevent any further issues from arising. Any users who sent deposits more than 24 hours after we announced the security breach (15/01/2019 12:00AM NZT) will not be recovered.  This means that if you sent funds after 16/01/2019 12:00AM NZT we will not be recovering those funds for you.
I wonder, why Cryptopia can not refund that LTC, if they have private keys?
Pages:
Jump to: