Pages:
Author

Topic: Sentinel Bitcoin Update Post - page 2. (Read 710 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 7
October 22, 2022, 12:48:23 PM
Have you tried any method using dry ice? I know some adhesives break down easily with oils like wd-40 and some stuff called Aero Kroil. Good luck! Wallets look nice!
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
October 22, 2022, 12:27:45 PM
is it possible to re-machine that surface maybe only going .0001 deeper on the cut to remove the epoxy/glass? This bodes well to show that once assembled not a simple matter to take it apart and then reassemble.

Yes that definitely sounds like it would work. The problem with that is I had the metal pieces made by a manufacturer so I don’t personally have the CNC to re-machine them. Appreciate the input.

Ahh ok
copper member
Activity: 47
Merit: 71
October 21, 2022, 08:32:04 PM
is it possible to re-machine that surface maybe only going .0001 deeper on the cut to remove the epoxy/glass? This bodes well to show that once assembled not a simple matter to take it apart and then reassemble.

Yes that definitely sounds like it would work. The problem with that is I had the metal pieces made by a manufacturer so I don’t personally have the CNC to re-machine them. Appreciate the input.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
October 21, 2022, 06:26:03 PM
copper member
October 21, 2022, 03:25:55 PM
Could you use a dremel/drill bit to take the glass out?

I tried a dremel but the problem is anything super abrasive will damage the metal underneath and that essentially ruins the look of the piece as well. I have tried many different solutions to dissolve the glue but none have worked.

What about heating it up with a torch or in the oven/kiln?

I briefly tried a torch and it didn't seem to do much. I could explore that a bit more but was mainly concerned about discoloration in the metal due to the flame or heat.
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 3591
October 21, 2022, 03:19:51 PM

I tried a dremel but the problem is anything super abrasive will damage the metal underneath and that essentially ruins the look of the piece as well. I have tried many different solutions to dissolve the glue but none have worked.

What about heating it up with a torch or in the oven/kiln?
copper member
October 21, 2022, 03:17:19 PM

legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 3591
October 21, 2022, 03:04:50 PM
copper member
October 21, 2022, 03:02:40 PM
SENTINEL BITCOIN Update/Transparency Post

Hello, this is an update post on the status of Sentinel Bitcoin. I originally posted these pieces for sale as a fully completed art piece/functioning wallet for a small amount to grow in over time if the buyer wished to do so. After the post it was clear that the market was for DIY due to the safety of key creation. Maybe being a little too anxious I had already fully assembled all the wallets before listing them for sale. After the feedback I had made the decision to try to convert them back to DIY. The problem with this was that the majority of the attempts resulted in a chunk of glass in one of the corners that is extremely difficult to remove without fully damaging the piece. All these pieces are now unusable unless I find a solution. (See example pictures below).

I would love to continue making these and offer different designs as DIY pieces only but I am at a standstill with this set for now. I don't think it will be possible to convert this set back to DIY so I plan to continue selling them as the fully completed version. If successful I will move forward with DIY pieces only. If anyone is interested in a completed version please PM me. These were created with safety as a top priority using open source code and offline devices.

If anyone has advice or suggestions on anything in this post please PM me.

With all that being said, I do have two pieces that were successfully converted back to a DIY option. The pictures below are of the actual pieces. If anyone is interested in them please PM me. Each piece will come with a piece of glass for the back, a fresh hologram sticker, a COA, a bag, and upon request I can print a QR code sticker for a buyer supplied public address.

Pages:
Jump to: