Pages:
Author

Topic: Serious question about Bitcoin. Is it a reliable and stable investment? - page 5. (Read 1440 times)

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
First, this not stable investment that they should know. Maybe they will earn a lot but there are some circumstances that they also got lost. Introducing bitcoin as good in investment is not bad but first, let them know how bitcoin works and how volatile it is because the word risk is always the in investing bitcoin and this is not for short term investment. After knowing how the technology works behind the bitcoin currency then, you are safe of possible blaming when they get the lost or good thing if they get earned a profit.
Activity: 76
Merit: 0
Reliable and Stable are two different things and like us, all BTC is a highly volatile digital asset so how it can be stable? It has to move gradually or rapidly and yes! It is reliable for those who keep themselves update with the market and follow the bullish move and no bearish one.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
Of course, you may suggest Bitcoin to your friend. But do not ever forget to emphasize the need to learn more about it first before finally deciding to invest. In fact, suggest Bitcoin to your friend not to invest on it right away but to study it first. Let him decide later on after knowing enough of what Bitcoin is, the advantages and disadvantages of investing into it, as well as the possibilities in terms of the rise and fall of its price. Also, it is best to retain the IRA investment. Diversity of investments is always the best way to go.  
Activity: 289
Merit: 3
Hi guys. I have a friend who's parents are looking for alternatives and want to invest money into something other than their IRA account. They have a fixed IRA with about $100K, but they are unsatisfied with the miserable amount of interest they're getting. I mentioned to them that bitcoin is a possible alternative and one they can look into. Do you agree? Do you guys consider bitcoin a reliable and stable investment for long term holding(5-10yrs)? Is it safe to assume the only direction(barring a few dips here and there) bitcoin will eventually go from here is up? Do you foresee it going below $10K, or even $9K ever again? Is it even possible to see the lows we saw a few months ago(ie $3500) ever again?

Please give me your thoughts. IRA or Bitcoin for the long term?

Yeah, bitcoin is one of most popular crypto in the market, investment in bitcoin will give a better return on investment.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
It's hard to tell but suggest you let them study the market first and they should understand that bitcoin is considered as a high risk investment.

If you will ask me, I believe the future of bitcoin is good and in 5 to 10 years of holding, its expected that the value will rise since adoption would certainly increase due to the entrance of institutional money.

But we need to suggest to them that they dont think twice to invest in bitcoin, even if btc has risky. Someday you will not regret it, because btc gives a high profit, for just only holding it and spend more patience to wait, because someday they will getting better profit. Even if others says that its not stable, but dont worry about on btc.

When you suggest, it's also important to tell them the risk of investing, true, bitcoin is a good investment but you can't deny there is no assurance that it's growth will continue, and that's what the risk stands for in crypto investing.
Activity: 634
Merit: 118
Bounty Hunter Indonesia
Hi guys. I have a friend who's parents are looking for alternatives and want to invest money into something other than their IRA account. They have a fixed IRA with about $100K, but they are unsatisfied with the miserable amount of interest they're getting. I mentioned to them that bitcoin is a possible alternative and one they can look into. Do you agree? Do you guys consider bitcoin a reliable and stable investment for long term holding(5-10yrs)? Is it safe to assume the only direction(barring a few dips here and there) bitcoin will eventually go from here is up? Do you foresee it going below $10K, or even $9K ever again? Is it even possible to see the lows we saw a few months ago(ie $3500) ever again?

just like members here say, bitcoin is not stable and very risky if you don't have knowledge. I suggest if you still choose bitcoin as a long-term investment, it would be good for you to learn and find out various information about bitcoin. just a little bit of information that you can tell your friend's parents, all the news about bitcoin (good or bad) in various countries, slightly affects the bitcoin price itself
Activity: 966
Merit: 153
Is it even possible to see the lows we saw a few months ago(ie $3500) ever again?

This is very much possible because the market direction can not be determined most times. Left for investors and traders they will put in everything to prevent it, yet it  is very much behold them expect for the whales.

I suggest your friend should leave the fund they have in IRA, they may not be getting much interest at least the money has zero chances of dipping. He should invest in Bitcoin with spare funds and then be ready for anything in the future. In the future, Bitcoin price may triple in price or even reduce more than the present price.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 256
Bitcoin is reliable in the term that you mentioned, that is, 5 to 10 years. If you lower that in say 1 or 2 years, it may not be. It may experience a serious dump and need a year or two to fully recover. In terms of stability, I'm afraid Bitcoin does not have that character. But again, in the next 5 to 10 years, I am sure you will already see a considerable growth of your investment value.  

Whether it could fall again to $9,000 or $3,500, the possibility in this unpredictable market is unlimited so it could. We just hope it won't. And if worse comes to worse and it indeed falls on these prices, just be patient and hodl.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1043
Need A Campaign Manager? | Contact Little_Mouse
I can say my opinion since Bitcoin for me is a reliable investment for the long run.

Since you are saying 5-10 years investment, I think investing in Bitcoin is a better choice but as an investor you must know that you need to diversify always your capital. Aside from investing in crypto, try to invest in other investments like real estate, stocks etc. One advice, just buy and hold Bitcoin and don't get affected on the news that are spreading across the Internet.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 366
To make it safest, advise them to set aside a moderate amount for crypto investment, primarily Bitcoin of course. It is always best to invest in different things, the old advice not to put all your eggs in one basket kind of thing. Bitcoin investment is best in terms of rising value. You cannot expect investments to simply double in so quick a time as Bitcoin.
Activity: 616
Merit: 30

If you will let them learn cryptocurrency first and become knowledgeable about everything from profiteering to losses?then I think you are in a good shot

Don’t let people invest in crypto just to gain profit instead make them love bitcoin fist before thinking about profiteering because this is about technology and not just for earnings

And having $100,000 for investing is good amount of money and not easy to risk for something that you don’t really understand
Activity: 976
Merit: 575
Cryptophile at large
Hi guys. I have a friend who's parents are looking for alternatives and want to invest money into something other than their IRA account. They have a fixed IRA with about $100K, but they are unsatisfied with the miserable amount of interest they're getting. I mentioned to them that bitcoin is a possible alternative and one they can look into. Do you agree? Do you guys consider bitcoin a reliable and stable investment for long term holding(5-10yrs)?

Is bitcoin reliable or stable? Hell no. Is there the possibility to make a very decent return from bitcoin within 5-10 years? Hell yes. However, nothing is guaranteed and it's very risky so be advised. The potential for huge gains is there but also huge loses. Personally I think bitcoin will be worth a lot more than it is right now within 5-10 years, but I also expect it to go through several ups and downs also with huge crashes so it will also be worth much less than it is right now, but hopefully the new lows are always gradually getting higher and higher so there's gradual growth. Before you or they invest in bitcoin look at the performance over the past five years especially the peaks and bubbles. It wasn't that long ago that bitcoin was $1k and then it rallied all the way up to $20k before the bubble burst and it settled back down to about $5k or whatever it was and now it's back to $10k+. Those sorts of bubbles will probably happen again so be aware of that, but there is certainly money to be made in riding them out and I certainly think even long term (5-10 years) bitcoin could be worth multiples of what it is now but again nothing is guaranteed and I could be completely wrong. As people usually say, don't put all your eggs in one basket and don't invest more than you can afford to lose, but also remember you could lose everything or a good chunk of your initial investment.

Have they thought about investing in property to rent out to people. That's usually a safe investment with a guaranteed income from tenants and it's always better than what the banks will give you and at least you have something physical of intrinsic value to show for it whatever happens with the markets.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 594
For me bitcoin is a reliable investment but not stable. I've owned bitcoin since 2016 and we can see its growth from the past years. But the price is very volatile when we remember what happened last year where it crashed from $20k to below $4k. If you don't want to lose big in bitcoin, only invest what you can afford.
Activity: 100
Merit: 2
Buy Bitcoin
Just like with stocks. If no one is talking about it, then it's the perfect time to invest in it. When Bitcoin was at it's lowest point in late 2018 that's the perfect time to invest in Bitcoin. I would not recommend investing right now as everyone is on the Bitcoin hype at the moment. Pro tips.
Activity: 459
Merit: 104
When we talk about banks that keep cash money, a good interest rate is 6.5%.  There is something named "compound interest" that can give you a higher interest rate. The compound interest has been invented by Italians in the 16-th century.
Instead of having the interest added to your bank account every year, the interest is added to your bank account every week or every month.
Thus you receive interest to interest. This is very good.  

Bitcoin is the future of the money. Until now there was no money like bitcoin in the World. Instead of going to the bank and begging them for your money you have the money in bitcoin. No one in this world knows what will happen with the value of the Bitcoin in the next 10 years, but forecasts say that the value of the bitcoin will appreciate approx 20x to 100x in the next 10 years.

If you ever read the book Foundation, by Isaac Asimov, in this book someone is trying to forecast the future of the humanity for the next 1000 years.  He is successful in doing this forecast for the next 700 years.  

This is what Satoshi Nakamoto has tried to do with bitcoin, to forecast the evolution of the World finances for the next 100 years. (The prices go up in this world, and Bitcoin is trying to compensate these prices.)  
Activity: 602
Merit: 100

Going back below $9k is still possible but I think it only has a 10% chance. This time is going to be different because Mark Zuckerburg helped us to promote the good use of cryptocurrencies. His project opened the eyes of the world and telling them indirectly that blockchain and crypto is the future just like how how sees his social media empire Facebook when he was just still studying it.
Activity: 175
Merit: 1
Bitcoin is a high risk investment. It's always said with crypto that you should only invest money you afford to lose. Yes, it sounds scary.
Bitcoin has periods when it rises wonderfully and periods when it heads down abruptly. And everything in between. So while some did and will get rich from Bitcoin, others did and will lose greatly.

If one can handle this amount of risk, fine. On the other hand, I would not advise it to somebody in the risk of hearth attack to invest large amounts in it.
Totally agree. Cryptocurrency investments are always risky. Not everybody can handle that.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
lol thats what you call serious  ? i think your joking because you are asking if bitcoin is reliable and stable kind of asset  .

before you jump here ,didnt you do any research about bitcoin or cryptos  ?  you know bro they are all volatile or unstable . thier value can move from time to time which simply means that they are not a kind of stable investments but they can provide you a good profit becuase of their unstableness .
Activity: 845
Merit: 52
Bitcoin price is very volatile, and they may not need to put all the $100k in buying bitcoin, I will advise you first lecture them on the nature of bitcoin and since you told them between (5-10)years as a form of investment, then am super bullish on this. Some percentage can be try on bitcoin maybe 30% let them see the progress so you know you are dealing with patient people.
Activity: 512
Merit: 11
Investing in Bitcoin is really very profitable, but they carry a fairly large risk.  Investing in Bitcoin, in the hope of making a big profit, is practically How to play Roulette, but with great chances.  In any case, everyone who invests Bitcoin should have other sources of income.
Pages:
Jump to: