Pages:
Author

Topic: Serious Question Needs Honest Answer, What Am I Doing Wrong not to earn Merit? - page 2. (Read 324 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 9
Why is it so important for you to receive Merit?

That's a good question and my honest answer is that I feel curious, pressured and envious when I'm seeing people who have less activity than me but have many merits and really makes me wonder why. Besides that, I feel that merit should be given freely to whoever people wants to give them for whatever it maybe.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
From the posts I could view, they all seem like generic sentiments that everyone writes in the spam mega threads that no one ever reads.  Even if someone read something you wrote, there's not much that's interesting in it and your grammar is sub-par.

I have relatively high standards for giving out merits, and people who can't write properly don't usually get any from me, unless they've posted an important scam busting or something like that.  So that's why you haven't earned any merit.  None of your posts stand out from the rest of the generic garbage written here thousands of times daily.

And did you really have to throw in this:
I believe that you should only invest what you can afford to lose
...which is one of the most overused phrases on bitcointalk?  It's not appropriate for this discussion, even if it's valid advice.  My point is that everyone writes crap like this.  sMerits are scarce, and you really have to stand out from the pack if you expect to earn any.
Besides that, I feel that merit should be given freely to whoever people wants to give them for whatever it maybe.
What does this even mean???  Here's a great example of something I would skip right over without spending more mental energy than I need to.  Most of the stuff that gets written here on bitcointalk is just fluff, and if it's hard to understand then you're going to get put on people's ignore lists.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 3030
Write quality posts with good information that maybe helps others!

Should be a good start , but dont get angry if you dont get a Merit  , it depends all on the readers  !
KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
Why is it so important for you to receive Merit?
Activity: 434
Merit: 9
Okay, first of all I would like to be clear that I'm not complaining. I'm asking a serious question in the hope that I can improve myself as a member, not just to earn merit though merit will be good if given since it's a way of showing you are doing something good here.

I have been around since February and been lurking first then finally have time to comment whenever I see something interest me. I'm also a self confessed and proud  bounty hunter (is that a minus?) joining ICO's that I think have real use case. I have been in crypto world since last year and I believe as I always saying blockchain and cryptocurrency is the future of the internet (makes me sounds like a bot?) but I highly believe that. I'm also trader and been earning nicely from doing this and I believe that you should only invest what you can afford to lose (always saying that I think again makes me sounds like a bot).

Anyways, before I feel like there's no reason to go gaga with merit..I mean it's just merit right, given freely and if no one likes what I'm saying who cares? I'm only commenting what I believe and what I feel but as I grow "older" here and seeing members with less activity but have already merits makes me envious...what are they doing that I'm not doing? Or what should I do to get merit and to deserve merit?

Anyone care to explain what I'm doing wrong? You can blatantly tell me whatever you think I'm doing wrong coz I'm a yes/no person and can seriously take criticism without getting offended. And gives me key points on what to do to earn merit? Thank you.
Pages:
Jump to: