Pages:
Author

Topic: Server PSU for Antminer S1, step by step guide. - page 10. (Read 40352 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 1
Very nice tutorial! We have been using Corsairs but we may be switching to a cheaper PSU!
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Here is a video of them running: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR_-jGcn_Mc

The camera recording also doesn't do it justice lol.. They are super loud.

Thanks for that. I'll stick to my Computer PSU's then since these will be in a room with me.

A wise choice. Im only use these because they will be in a shed Smiley
Activity: 282
Merit: 250

Thanks for that. I'll stick to my Computer PSU's then since these will be in a room with me.

I will post a video I took in a bit of the noise.
Activity: 282
Merit: 250
How loud are these PSU's? Can someone give me a comparison?
Okay I made one set of wires. Man these things are LOUD when a full loud goes through them. Obnoxiously loud. But two antminers do run off one psu...

Jason,   tape your copper brackets as they may contact the metal frame of the Psu and may arc causing damage.

They are low voltage 12v , so you can touch them to see if are hot or not. If are hot make sure they are contacting well.

Check yor wires temp.
What size did you use?

Okay I held the copper connector and it is warm, but not too hot to hold indefinitely. I used 14 awg wire for the main lines coming from PSU. Those are barely warm at all. I used 16 awg from the three leads coming from each main lead and they are not warm at all.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Okay I made one set of wires. Man these things are LOUD when a full loud goes through them. Obnoxiously loud. But two antminers do run off one psu...

Jason,   tape your copper brackets as they may contact the metal frame of the Psu and may arc causing damage.

They are low voltage 12v , so you can touch them to see if are hot or not. If are hot make sure they are contacting well.

Check yor wires temp.
What size did you use?
Which way does that power jumper go in?

Pin's 1 and 3 on the bottom row are what the OP is bridging with solder.  I received 10 of these PSU's and didn't feel like disassembling them all so I used a lazy mans method Smiley

I cut out spots for pins 1 & 3 and put that in with the cutouts facing down.

Nicely. Can you post pictures? I want to see it.

Pin's 1 and 3 on the bottom row are what the OP is bridging with solder.  I received 10 of these PSU's and didn't feel like disassembling them all so I used a lazy mans method Smiley

Can you show the cutouts or what you did?
donator
Activity: 686
Merit: 519
It's for the children!

I decided to stop being scared and solder. I have never been good at it, but this was simple and I actually did a good job. Both my PSUs now power on.
Thank You for this!  And thanks for the step by step pics!
 Shocked
For anyone looking for copper:

Home Depot: BTC0614-B2 http://www.homedepot.com/p/Blackburn-Single-Conductor-6-Stranded-to-14-AWG-Type-BTC-Copper-Wire-Connectors-2-Pack-BTC0614-B2-5/100206838?keyword=BTC0614-b2
UPC: 78378637251

No solder, no cutting  Grin I don't have a caliper handy or I'd measure it out for you.  It's about 9mm x 1.7mm eyeballing it.

For god shake!

How the fuck did you find that??

You are awesome!

Shocked

Wow. 

I'm a genius?

Actually, I researched online for a few hours trying to source that copper bar.  Then I gave up walked around home depot with a power supply and started jamming shit into it until something fit Smiley 

I also made a power on plug using a PCI slot cover/rosewill case part and some electric tape...  0 Soldering required for the whole setup:

Nice!

I just wanted to ask you whether the part of your power connector gets in good contact with the psus connector, since there is a hole on your bar.
There is enough current (60A) and you have to make sure there is a good contact between your copper connector and the psu.

Wow. 

I'm a genius?

Actually, I researched online for a few hours trying to source that copper bar.  Then I gave up walked around home depot with a power supply and started jamming shit into it until something fit Smiley 

I also made a power on plug using a PCI slot cover/rosewill case part and some electric tape...  0 Soldering required for the whole setup:

Yes a genius. You sir are very creative!
donator
Activity: 686
Merit: 519
It's for the children!
 Shocked

Home Depot: BTC0614-B2 http://www.homedepot.com/p/Blackburn-Single-Conductor-6-Stranded-to-14-AWG-Type-BTC-Copper-Wire-Connectors-2-Pack-BTC0614-B2-5/100206838?keyword=BTC0614-b2

No solder, no cutting  Grin I don't have a caliper handy or I'd measure it out for you.  It's about 9mm x 1.7mm eyeballing it.

For god shake!

You are awesome!

Shocked

Wow. 

I'm a genius?

Shocked

For god shake!

You are awesome!

Shocked

I can confirm these fit perfect and snugly. I bought a pair to test. Now Im just waiting for my cable to arrive. tzortz how dnug do your cable fit?
 Shocked

For god shake!

You are awesome!

Shocked
Thank You for this!  And thanks for the step by step pics!

No solder, no cutting  Grin I don't have a caliper handy or I'd measure it out for you.  It's about 9mm x 1.7mm eyeballing it.

Oh sweet! There ya go!
Pages:
Jump to: