Pages:
Author

Topic: [Setup Guide] Blackarrow Bitfury 16 chip board support and tuning thread - page 5. (Read 13358 times)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Has anyone had luck getting the blue boards with the pins facing down hashing? All the green ones I hook up no problem, but haven't gotten a single blue board working no matter how I try and hook up the SPI cable.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
I just had the first three individual boards I pulled out of the box burn up three controllers.  Is there some way to test them?  Otherwise I'm going to need a few dozen controllers to get any of these things running.

Chad
legendary
Activity: 2231
Merit: 1057
i suspect its a power leak from a faulty board. i dont really have time to fully test until next week, but you can order replacement controllers from black arrow.
What is causing them to burn up?  I never got anything hashing.

Chad
legendary
The third and last controller burned up too.  Are these boards known to be troublesome?

Chad

i had exactly the same problem, i did have everything working fine and hashing but when i moved everything to my server room and reconnected the controller also burned up. i ordered a new one from black arrow and will try again once it arrives.
The third and last controller burned up too.  Are these boards known to be troublesome?

Chad
Is there no other documentation available for these things?  I hooked up one board/controller and a trace on the controller burned up right away.  I hooked a second board/controller up and a trace on that controller burned up in a different spot.  I hooked a third board/controller up and it detected 96 chips on that one board, but wouldn't hash.  I plugged in a fourth board to that controller and no chips are detected.

Chad
Activity: 249
Is there some more support documentation out there on how to set these things up?  I'd like to know a little bit more about how the controller interfaces with the Pi.  I'd prefer to start with a stock Rasbian Wheezy image.  I've got cgminer 4.3.3 building now, but I'm assuming some kind of configuration is required for the Pi to communicate with the controller.

Thanks!

Chad

Here's Kano's guide on how to get it working (he uses Arch linux in the guide tho):

http://www.kano-kun.net/?p=87
legendary
Is there some more support documentation out there on how to set these things up?  I'd like to know a little bit more about how the controller interfaces with the Pi.  I'd prefer to start with a stock Rasbian Wheezy image.  I've got cgminer 4.3.3 building now, but I'm assuming some kind of configuration is required for the Pi to communicate with the controller.

Thanks!

Chad

BlackArrow Bitfury devices need the --enable-bab option when compiling cgminer.

just include this when compiling and the boards and chips will be detected on startup of cgminer.

Thanks!

Chad
legendary

thanks i will check it out my power connections.

seems a dodgy board has killed my controller. im wondering if you have power plugged into your 4x controller or if its just powered by the pi? previously i only had power plugged into the controller and this was also powering the pi, maybe that also contributed.

Try pulling one of your barrel connectors directly into the controller board; the controller should be supplying power to the pi via the 26 pin ribbon cable.

ok thanks, thats how it was setup until i connected a bad board and fried it. waiting on a replacement board to get hashing again Sad

seems a dodgy board has killed my controller. im wondering if you have power plugged into your 4x controller or if its just powered by the pi? previously i only had power plugged into the controller and this was also powering the pi, maybe that also contributed.

Try pulling one of your barrel connectors directly into the controller board; the controller should be supplying power to the pi via the 26 pin ribbon cable.
legendary
are you powering the controller with a barrel lead or something else or does it get power from the pi?

I'm currently using PCI-E to 3 barrel connectors for all my power needs at the moment one word of caution and the reason for why I am replacing my cables; one of the pairs for the PCI-E to barrel connectors frayed every so slightly and caused a brief short. Not sure how it occurred but I've order screw connectors for all of my units and intend to replace all the power connectors (better safer than sorry).  I recommend giving your PCI-E connectors a once over to make sure none of the power (red) or ground (black) are frayed and if they are you should at the very least isolate the damaged cables with small stripe of electrical tape or re solder / re-shrink wrap the cable.

any one else getting a lot of duplicate shares? pool reports around 33k for 750gh, is this normal for these boards?

I'm seeing some high dupe as well. going to take a look at how cgminer performs once I tweak it.

please share your settings, i am using 4.3.3 on default which is supposed to auto tune but saw no improvement over 24 hours.

I tried:

./cgminer -o  -u  -p  --api-listen

after following most of Kano instructions without much success. I also tried:

./cgminer -o  -u -p --api-listen --bab-options 57:54:50:6:6:10000:0:0

but seemed to get some errors with the delay portion of the options (--bab-options max:def:min:up:down:hz:delay:trf). I've since gone back to chainminer as it's proven to be a bit more stable over a 24 hour period and that I've had more success with tuning it over the week that I've had it.
are you powering the controller with a barrel lead or something else or does it get power from the pi?

I'm currently using PCI-E to 3 barrel connectors for all my power needs at the moment one word of caution and the reason for why I am replacing my cables; one of the pairs for the PCI-E to barrel connectors frayed every so slightly and caused a brief short. Not sure how it occurred but I've order screw connectors for all of my units and intend to replace all the power connectors (better safer than sorry).  I recommend giving your PCI-E connectors a once over to make sure none of the power (red) or ground (black) are frayed and if they are you should at the very least isolate the damaged cables with small stripe of electrical tape or re solder / re-shrink wrap the cable.

legendary
any one else getting a lot of duplicate shares? pool reports around 33k for 750gh, is this normal for these boards?

I'm seeing some high dupe as well. going to take a look at how cgminer performs once I tweak it.

please share your settings, i am using 4.3.3 on default which is supposed to auto tune but saw no improvement over 24 hours.
legendary

legendary
Thanks for setting it up, may I link to it on our site (with credits to you obviously)

I've got no problem with that; go right ahead Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: