Pages:
Author

Topic: SeuntjeiBot for Just-Dice.com - page 2. (Read 2348 times)

legendary
Activity: 879
Merit: 1000
monero
March 11, 2014, 05:20:33 AM
you could have easily incoporatde a line about the fee in the spammy shit your bot creates every day in the trollbox, so I'd say most of what you wrote above is a lie.

you tried to steal a bigger share of the cake than the community conceded you to have and got caught.

it's really as simple as that. by being upstanding and honest you could have avoided that shitstorm.

drfred
legendary
Activity: 1717
Merit: 1125
March 11, 2014, 05:02:44 AM

I feel some clarification is needed here, since that quote was taken completely out of context.

I did indeed say that I do not care what a random person on the internet thinks of ME, but, as the screenshot fails to show, it was directly after nix insulted me personally. I do care about the opinions of the people that are involved/connected/benefiting etc opinions ABOUT THE BOT. That is why I changed the fee.

Nix is it is greater that 9%. They are catching their own rain as well. This can best be seen with the address they use for automated rains.  

As stated before, the fees will be used to cover the hosting expenses for the bot. Until the bot has been running for a few weeks and an average can be calculated, I cannot say if the 1% will actually be enough to cover it. Since I will then personally have to put something into maintaining and hosting the bot, and not just pocketing the fee, I think it is only fair that I am allowed to "catch my own rain", since I am also an active member of the JD community and the rain is meant to be spread out among the active users in chat.

I admit we could have been a bit more transparent with the fee from the start, but there was no attempt to hide the fee. It was included in the article on my site from the start (i guess people just don't read?). I'm sure that if the concerned parties (at least some of them) could just have talked calmly to us instead or screaming SCAM!, this could have been resolved much faster and with less butthurt.

Edit: I'm not Nigerian, btw
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com
March 10, 2014, 06:41:05 PM

imagine an exchange taking 9% in fees.
or a dice site with a 9% house edge.

Nix is it is greater that 9%. They are catching their own rain as well. This can best be seen with the address they use for automated rains.  

http://blockchain.info/address/1J8FkSk7yJWDqoTArY3bwUB4pL43Vviwz9

The addresses they use the collect the fee's are:

1154PNAp8R1CpRyoSbEMpYr6iGEzgzxJpr
1HszoAk4WCfthq93NJm9J7XFSputmxE2sk

But you will see they are also catching rain with :

http://blockchain.info/address/1D798fdi1Bn86TVFugADKB41gdemSeJZ47

1D79 is use to collect the 9-10% fee from the main rain jar:
http://blockchain.info/address/1RainT5zU58ydgxj2HLArGrddg7tYtuJE

1D79 is under the control of MVDC and all of this information above can be verified in JD chat logs 3-9-14.

The addresses are changing now... point is you cock sucks were charging a hidden fee of 9% and up + catching your own rain.

Edit: Now you have the bot set to tell people there is a 1% fee. At least that is transparent & low... (still gay, but beats the shit out of over 10% for donations you fucking bastards)

Why is the Nigerian running the rain bot anyways?!?!
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
March 10, 2014, 10:20:31 AM
And I would expect an exchange or dice site to have a larger turnaround that 8 btc a month. If the turnaround of the bot increases, the fee % will be decreased.

MVDC and I asked in the chat about what % the fee should be, on multiple occasions. The answers varied from 1% to 20%. Privately we settled on 4.5% each. This was long before the jar even had 2btc depisited. We never thought that the jar would get as many donations as it did.

Seuntjie its pointless talking to you. you have already stated you care not of other opinions. I am just putting this out there. You guys take nearly 10% of everything donated to the chatters for basically abandon-ware/freeware without jd your software is junk.

[edit] fee has been reduced to 1% I think is is a lot more reasonable.
legendary
March 10, 2014, 10:08:30 AM
And I would expect an exchange or dice site to have a larger turnaround that 8 btc a month. If the turnaround of the bot increases, the fee % will be decreased.

MVDC and I asked in the chat about what % the fee should be, on multiple occasions. The answers varied from 1% to 20%. Privately we settled on 4.5% each. This was long before the jar even had 2btc depisited. We never thought that the jar would get as many donations as it did.
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
March 10, 2014, 09:57:48 AM

imagine an exchange taking 9% in fees.
or a dice site with a 9% house edge.
legendary
March 10, 2014, 09:12:37 AM
This thread serves as a discussion area for everything related to SeuntjieBot, including the RainJar. Please discuss all topics here, and leave it out of the JD Chat.

More info on the bot here: http://seuntjie.com/article.php?cat=Programs&subcat=Pc&name=SeuntjieBot
Pages:
Jump to: