Pages:
Author

Topic: Sexism double standards experiment. - page 2. (Read 2720 times)

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
June 18, 2014, 04:27:40 PM
There are advantages and disadvantages to each sex

Women are usually a lot weaker so I think an experiment of this calibre is kinda ridicolous.

You're sexist and wrong.

The key is no one should hit other people. If you see someone hitting someone, you step in and stop it.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
June 18, 2014, 01:36:03 PM
I'v seen that before

Why do people not get angry when girlfriends physically or verbally abuse their boyfriends?

because other males try to help the girls in order to get some favor there
girls help other girls in order to establish dominance over men

females don't help males because they want dominance which they have when women attack men
men don't help men because they use the opportunity to make fun of the guy and they're probably afraid of stepping in against an agressive female as she may strike them (and embarrass them) and they can't strike back because she's a woman

so there's nothing in for it,for them
Activity: 994
Merit: 441
June 18, 2014, 12:31:38 PM
So I happened to read about this experiment today and just wanted to share it with you all:

"A hard-hitting experiment has revealed how strangers react differently when seeing domestic abuse depending on the gender of the aggressor.
A video filmed with hidden cameras at a London park shows a male actor attacking his ‘girlfriend’ in front of onlookers who immediately rush to help, with one shouting: ‘Oi mate, what's wrong with you?’
The man is told ‘someone will call the police if you carry on doing that to someone’, before a passer-by says to the woman: ‘You don't have to put up with that honey, he's not worth it’.

The experiment is then conducted with the same actors - but this time, the woman is the aggressor, attacking him and saying: ‘Don't try to walk away - listen to me when I'm talking to you.’
However, instead of reacting with shock, nobody watching even attempts to help the man. They actually seem rather entertained by the incident, stopping to stare and laughing about it.

The videos were filmed with three hidden cameras on May 16 for the ManKind Initiative, a charity based in Taunton, Somerset, which aims to provide support for male victims of domestic abuse."

Article and video: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...riend.html

So what do you guys think?

Why do people not get angry when girlfriends physically or verbally abuse their boyfriends?
Pages:
Jump to: