Pages:
Author

Topic: sgminer: Baikal Giant X10 / N / B - Open Source - Confirmed OC Giant B! - page 15. (Read 38402 times)

Activity: 95
Merit: 0
Hi. Can I run sgminer 5.6.2-BK_cod3gen_MOD it on Baikal mini?? I put it together, but he can't see the Board. 0 devices.

sgminer 5.6.2-BK_cod3gen_MOD - Started: [2018-04-20 04:52:58] - [0 days 00:13:04]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                       
(5s):0.000 (avg):0.000h/s | A:0  R:0  HW:0  WU:0.000/m                                                                 
ST: 1  SS: 0  NB: 6  LW: 787  GF: 1  RF: 0
Activity: 41
tried with  2 baikal n, it overclocked to 420 mhz from 200 mhz original. on two baikals one died and i had to reflash it, the other was working fine  at more speed
how you get more speed ?
i did that is working on 420 but give me a lot of reject and hardware error
the hashrate not changed
Activity: 689
Merit: 253
Baikal is now supplying a update for X10, including X11-Gost and NIST5 algo`s :-D

As usual, sgminer source code is not available from Baikal.

EDIT:
Oh, they also say more algo`s to come - we know what those are :-)

What are those other algos? I looked through this whole thread but didn't see the list. I remember seeing the list posted in the other Baikal x10 thread but not sure which page it was on. The list was from the code of the x10 miner
Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
tried with  2 baikal n, it overclocked to 420 mhz from 200 mhz original. on two baikals one died and i had to reflash it, the other was working fine  at more speed
What hashrate do you have with that? Power consumption?
Activity: 430
Merit: 22
Professional user
Activity: 30
Baikal is now supplying a update for X10, including X11-Gost and NIST5 algo`s :-D

As usual, sgminer source code is not available from Baikal.

EDIT:
Oh, they also say more algo`s to come - we know what those are :-)

Can someone test something? From the new x10 Update, once you update, can you extract the new sgminer file. And then place it on a previous x10 version overwriting the sgminer only? Want to see if there were other changes needed or just a new correctly compiled sgminer file for it to work? Since there were no other firmware updates needed for the new algos to work.

I updated the X10 with the new image, then reflashed the firmware to the GX10_V13 and the new algos still work (old firmware, new sgminer). What a machine the X10 is, 7 algo's and counting, still the best miner around for long term...

UPDATE My Bad, seems the firmware didn't take, tried again after editing update_fw.py and did flash but wouldn't find the devices,
Activity: 49
it was something easy and been tested.
Activity: 544
Merit: 250
Updating sgminer and the STM firmware seems to be all that is needed. Both are obviously found in the new image file using something like 7zip to open the archive, then browse to 1.img/opt/bin/scripta/sgminer and 0.fat/GX10.bin. Copy both to your X10, the GX10 file should go in /media/boot. Rebooting should auto-update the STM firmware.

Remember to do
Code:
chmod +x /opt/scripta/bin/sgminer
after you've replaced the old version.

Don't forget about the web interface changes (adding of the new names) for people who actually use it.

yea, it's best to also copy over the /var/www/ path in case they change something in the interface.

Just thought of something, since we are provided the GX10.bin file for it to update the firmware on the controller I believe... Any brave souls want to try placing it in the Giant B to see if the Giant B can be turned into a Giant X10? lol
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
Any idea how to be able to mine at nicehash, they appear to be blocking it.
Updating sgminer and the STM firmware seems to be all that is needed. Both are obviously found in the new image file using something like 7zip to open the archive, then browse to 1.img/opt/bin/scripta/sgminer and 0.fat/GX10.bin. Copy both to your X10, the GX10 file should go in /media/boot. Rebooting should auto-update the STM firmware.

Remember to do
Code:

For all of us that do not hold linux superpowers can you please explain a little more on the steps.

Can you upload to git hub so it can be an automatic DL?

I hate taking the card out.
Activity: 544
Merit: 250

Remember to do
Code:

Don't forget about the web interface changes (adding of the new names) for people who actually use it.

yea, it's best to also copy over the /var/www/ path in case they change something in the interface.
Activity: 476
Merit: 19
Can I use this sg miner , with the basic algos, with a Giant N (when cryptonight normal will be Death) ?
Activity: 50

Remember to do
Code:

Activity: 50
Activity: 42
Merit: 25

Remember to do
Code:

Activity: 525
Merit: 531
No channel, that is for PM/DM
Sorry, i mean, which discord server? (i cant find you Sad )

Activity: 195
Merit: 15
please make channel  Wink Wink Wink
Activity: 311
Merit: 69
PowerMining.pw
No channel, that is for PM/DM
Activity: 525
Merit: 531
Get in touch
Get in touch at Discord - cod3gen#5466

Where is this discord channel?