Pages:
Author

Topic: Shadow Ban on Crypto Exchanges - page 4. (Read 500 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 284
Cashback 15%
December 30, 2023, 01:39:52 AM
I did see this article and for a change I waited for someone to make a thread this time. Wink

Blocking URLs is enough? Our cyber knowledge or the leaders are that much lame.

If they actually want the exchanges to stop Indian from using their exchange or comply AML policies then they should make them but banning url is not going to do anything because we knew how to use VPN very well.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 564
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
December 29, 2023, 03:47:28 PM
We can never trust Indian government as it's acting really sadistic way, to be honest every single policy they have when it comes to crypto are really harsh they don't directly ban crypto but literally kill it with stupid policies. Indian government just want it's population to stay poor  and wants their cut even before they earn and moreover we have seen Indian exchanges dying. a slow death, and if they keep scrutinizing crypto exchanges then big traders would just move out and set their base in countries like Malta or Estonia like many have already done.

Activity: 2646
Merit: 713
Nothing lasts forever
December 29, 2023, 12:19:52 PM
I was wondering why nobody has made a post about it yet and so I did it myself.

The government of India has announced a shadow ban on crypto exchanges including popular exchanges like Binance, Huobi, Kraken etc...
All of these exchanges were not adhering to AML regulations in India and so the government has announced that they will block the URLs to these websites soon.
Although they have not mentioned the timeline before start restricting user access to these sites but they have become strict with their AML laws now.

They had already made a written declaration earlier this month about the AML regulations after which many domestic exchanges registered themselves with the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU).

My thoughts: The elections are near. Crypto is booming. Government wants to get their hands on it too  Tongue

Source: https://www.coindesk.com/policy/2023/12/28/india-issues-compliance-show-cause-notices-to-9-offshore-exchanges-including-binance-and-kucoin/
Pages:
Jump to: