Pages:
Author

Topic: ShapeShift Leaves New York, Choosing Not to Comply with BitLicense - page 3. (Read 2377 times)

legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1034
I thought shapeshift requires no account.  so is it going to do an ip geo lookup and tell New Yorkers to scram?  and then, couldn't they just access it anyway via tor?

Yes, it checks the IP range and redirects to this site - http://pleaseprotectconsumers.org

It is great they are taking a principled stand and warning consumers and refusing to follow the guidelines. New Yorkers can use a VPN to use shapeshift, while having the privacy protected.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
I thought shapeshift requires no account.  so is it going to do an ip geo lookup and tell New Yorkers to scram?  and then, couldn't they just access it anyway via tor?
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
ShapeShift, a popular cryptocurrency exchange based in Switzerland, terminated its services in New York today,
due to the state’s BitLicense regulations for digital currencies - Erik Voorhees, Shapeshift Founder and CEO says.

This makes no sense - the law is not supporting business which would pay taxes, but to the contrary makes it leave the country - isn't it stupid?
Pages:
Jump to: