Pages:
Author

Topic: Shapeshift.io possible Scam Alert! Read my story. - page 2. (Read 2598 times)

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524
Unless you traded thousands of dollars, I don't think they scammed honestly because they are reputable company but like every other company, they have their issues. I suggest continuing sending support tickets and posting here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=717973.560 . It's very likely that you will get an answer in the thread as OP look active there.

I dont think that for scaming anyone need to do thousands of trade , even $1600 is also big amount for some of them, I think wating for 2 more days is not a problem if you dont get reply then you can contact DT members and get help from them
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I have contacted support and they said the Bitcoins took too long to confirm. And as such would refund me, which is unacceptable because they have my coins and i want Litecoins (which have increased in price since).
If this is unacceptable to you, you should have used a higher fee for a faster confirmation, or used their "Specific Amount" feature (I never tried it, but it's mentioned in their terms).

I wouldn't call this a scam, it's according to Shapeshift's Terms and Conditions:
...  your payment is typically considered “accepted” at one block confirmation.
[...]
Users who are sensitive to the exchange rate they receive should use ShapeShift’s “Specific Amount” feature, which guarantees an exchange rate for a specified period of time.

They even told you they'll refund you. Just make sure they have your return address.

On top of that, they have not replied to any of my emails/tickets in the last 3 days.
It's Easter weekend. I don't know if they normally have weekend staff working, but they might be off now.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
Unless you traded thousands of dollars, I don't think they scammed honestly because they are reputable company but like every other company, they have their issues. I suggest continuing sending support tickets and posting here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=717973.560 . It's very likely that you will get an answer in the thread as OP look active there.
Activity: 31
Merit: 1
Hello guys,

I made 5 seperate transactions through Shapeshift.io last week (5 days ago) All transactions were for Bitcoin to Litecoin.
All my transactions were worth around $1600 combined.

I have checked on blockchain and they have received my Bitcoins with many confirmations. But they have not sent me my Litecoins.
I have contacted support and they said the Bitcoins took too long to confirm. And as such would refund me, which is unacceptable because they have my coins and i want Litecoins (which have increased in price since). On top of that, they have not replied to any of my emails/tickets in the last 3 days.

At the moment i am clearly being scammed.

A) I have no Bitcoins or Litecoins.
B) I am being ignored by their support staff.

I will continue to email their support team, but its clear Shapeshift.io are incapable of fulfilling orders! For God's sake it has nearly been a whole week.

Pages:
Jump to: