Pages:
Author

Topic: Share your thoughts : sMerit Review, Rank-Up Challenge, Signatureless Campaign - page 3. (Read 834 times)

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
Theymos suggested that there could be some kind of monetary payment involved with merits, maybe then merits can be seen as a valid form of payment within the forum. And maybe then they could belong in the service section.
I agree with Hilarious, since there is no payment involved, it does not belong in the service section.

However, on the other hand, it is a chore of a thing to do and you're doing it for free - albeit receiving some merits by other users for your effort. In that instance, it is a service to the community that you're doing for free. I'd much rather see a mod / admin do this instead of any non-staff member of the forum.

Lastly, about meta, nah, I don't think it belongs here because this is a place to discuss, request and report features or issues. Your service may improve posting behaviour but neither are you discussing an issue, nor requesting a feature or reporting a bug.

I'd say even complaining about posting behaviour would fit in meta but not merit reward challenges.
Activity: 350
Merit: 47
 I don't really get the problem here. I think your questions are valid at the same time you're overthinking this. sMerit Review and Rank-up challenge are prettly helpful for me, i even stepped into member because of it (TMAN's) that's why i admire people who try to help low ranks. But moderators are stepping up, i think threads like these are beginning to multiply and count as spam. And man we can't do anything about that.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1123
I woke up and I was a little bit upset to find that my most popular thread "sMerit Review" where users submit their posts for criticism, review and the potential to receive merit. I posted a thread to look for some discussion surrounding this (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.36298687), hilariousandco stepped up and gave me some explanations for why my thread had been moved. I do not feel personally targetted, because there are plenty of more reputable users than myself that were running similar threads that were also moved to Off-Topic. QuestionAuthority had accumulated more Sent Merits than any user through a similar thread.

I had originally held my thread in the Service section, but a valid explanation arose :

If it doesn't involve a bitcoin payment then it doesn't belong in the Marketplace.

I then asked if my thread would be more suited for the Meta section to which I received an interesting reply :

No. Meta is for forum issues and doesn't need clogging up even more with people begging for merit constantly.

That left me with three questions:

Is Meta exclusively for "issues" or is it for "Discussion about the Bitcoin Forum?"
Do spam, posting-behavior and the distribution of merit not count as "issues?"
Does my thread accomplish more than allowing an avenue for users to beg for merit constantly?

I noticed that BTCForJoe's thread was still alive, so I was trying to figure out the new guidelines through using that thread as reference. However, that thread was then moved from the Service board to the "Games & Rounds" board under "Gambling", which seems out of place. Can there be a thread in the marketplace that involves merit/post-quality?

I'm looking for community discussion on whether or not you guys feel the changes to these threads have been helpful or hurtful. I'm also curious to hear more of a discussion about what would be acceptable forms of these threads, and the proper location of Joe's thread as well. This is an important question, because the single most merit to be sent within a thread comes from exactly this template. It has been a very significant portion of merit distribution up to this point, and it has been extremely positively received from most of the community. Please, cast your vote and share your thoughts. Am I too worried about it? My thread was extremely useful for multiple users to track down threads they want to be a part of or even merit that they wouldn't otherwise have come across.
Pages:
Jump to: