Pages:
Author

Topic: Shaving discussion - page 2. (Read 3741 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
October 21, 2014, 01:45:48 PM
I use a safety razor.  I use hot water (no shaving cream, soap, gel or foam).  Thanks to Jeffrey Tucker's rant against the great shaving cream scam I am free from that awful product.  http://mises.org/daily/4043/The-Sh aving-Cream-Racket 

Thanks for the link.

I personally stay away from foam - I've been using soap instead but will at some point try and use only water.

I've heard of people shaving with cold water (the soldiers who fought in WWI had no choice) without issue so it must be possible.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
October 21, 2014, 01:12:04 PM
Usually I get a a few shaving kits ever christmas and just rotate. I'm using a shick hydro 5 right now, its much smoother than a more expensive gillete. I just use soap maybe every other day and I leave my blades in alcohol, they last a lot longer. I probably go through 1 blade a month with the gf also sharing it.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
October 21, 2014, 12:56:36 AM
Only use BIC blue disposables no foam or soap and shave once every 2 days.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
October 20, 2014, 07:06:06 PM
Merkur DE cheapest model at the time
Derby Extra super stainless
Barbasol soothing aloe beard buster (seemingly with the least crap in it of any affordable shave foam)

Never often enough, I want noncicatricial alopecia universalis or to get caught in a meteor shower.
Activity: 143
Merit: 104
October 20, 2014, 06:29:59 PM
I use a safety razor.  I use hot water (no shaving cream, soap, gel or foam).  Thanks to Jeffrey Tucker's rant against the great shaving cream scam I am free from that awful product.  http://mises.org/daily/4043/The-Sh aving-Cream-Racket 
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
October 20, 2014, 02:55:00 PM
What kind of razor do you use?

Do you use shaving soap, creme or foam?

How often do you shave?

Anyone else use a double-edged safety razor? If so what make and model do you use? (Merkur Futur)

What kind of blades do you use?

Pages:
Jump to: