Pages:
Author

Topic: shdvb has the best "Attitude" when it comes to sending trust (BPIP) - page 2. (Read 738 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 526
It would be interesting if on the landing page when we clicked on the title of a ranking it would open a bigger list. "Most Merited", "Most Activity", "Most Trusted"
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Is that a bug? It says times merited while it's about trust feedback. Also, it should be an amount but displaying names.

Yeah, I forgot to tell the web designer about the new page.  :/

He writes the CSS that generates the mobile view.
Activity: 308
Merit: 277
Is that a bug? It says times merited while it's about trust feedback. Also, it should be an amount but displaying names.

legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 5894
Meh.
Interesting addition to BPIP! Although it feels bad finding myself so far down it makes me realize I have to start dishing it out more frequently, I've been slacking lately so time to change that as I echo what Lauda said. (About game on!)
Vod
legendary
Isn't it possible to achieve that with a single parser using the recent posts feed?

Well yes, that is the most efficient way to get the newest posts.

I should only have to parse that page once every few seconds.  It only shows the last ten posts, and they can come in pretty quick.

I wish I knew of way to get more posts on the page, then I wouldn't have to parse it so often.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1002
I'm assuming you have multiple parsers that binds to different IPs to achieve 4 PPS without triggering the one page per second limit. Correct me if I'm wrong.
You are correct.  The parser uses so little resources I can run it on a free AWS server, so I could have an unlimited number of them.  But I don't want to overload the forum or risk getting banned - without Theymos' cooperation BPIP would not exist as it does now.  On the flip side, I wonder how much I am helping the forum by reducing people's research time and page views.  Smiley

As you can tell by the last parsed dates on a lot of reports, BPIP is doing a good job of keeping data in "near time".
Yeah, BPIP is an awesome project that unifies many aspects of user research into a simple interface and in return I'm pretty sure many users don't need additional visits to bitcointalk which surely does help reduce forum load. Wink

I'm assuming you have multiple parsers that binds to different IPs to achieve 4 PPS without triggering the one page per second limit. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I project that once I am parsing posts as well, I will need a maximum of five parses a second.  I'm sure this forum can handle that. 
Isn't it possible to achieve that with a single parser using the recent posts feed?

Vod
legendary

You are correct.  The parser uses so little resources I can run it on a free AWS server, so I could have an unlimited number of them.  But I don't want to overload the forum or risk getting banned - without Theymos' cooperation BPIP would not exist as it does now.  On the flip side, I wonder how much I am helping the forum by reducing people's research time and page views.  Smiley

As you can tell by the last parsed dates on a lot of reports, BPIP is doing a good job of keeping data in "near time".   I project that once I am parsing posts as well, I will need a maximum of five parses a second.  I'm sure this forum can handle that. 

I use NordVPN to connect each of my home PCs on a different IP address.   It's so reliable I am on it 24x7 and don't notice any issues.
legendary
BTW, How do you manage to parse every user's profile without triggering Cloudflare? You've parsed ~23m pages so far. Wink

Time.  Smiley   Theymos restricts it to one page per second per IP.  I have a few parsers running in case one fails, and I parse about 3-4 pages a second.
Thanks a lot @Vod. I forget that darn sleep command. Tongue

Time.  Smiley   Theymos restricts it to one page per second per IP.  I have a few parsers running in case one fails, and I parse about 3-4 pages a second.
I'm assuming you have multiple parsers that binds to different IPs to achieve 4 PPS without triggering the one PPS limit. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Vod
legendary
BTW, How do you manage to parse every user's profile without triggering Cloudflare? You've parsed ~23m pages so far. Wink

Time.  Smiley   Theymos restricts it to one page per second per IP.  I have a few parsers running in case one fails, and I parse about 3-4 pages a second.
legendary
What's going on here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=2380455

Looks like a case for admin intervention.
I think it'll be helpful if Theymos limited the number of feedback's that can be sent in a short period to prevent similar abuse in the future.

@Vod: Really amazing work you've been doing with BPIP.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
What's going on here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=2380455

Looks like a case for admin intervention.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
The Pharmacist has sent more ratings then me Huh Okay, time for kitty to wake up from winter sleep. Game on!
Vod
legendary
BPIP now has another useless report, taking advantage of all the current trust hype!

https://bpip.org/r/trustsent.aspx

This was supposed to launch with the rest of the trust tracking, but recent changes have delayed that.

You can click on the column titles to sort.
Pages:
Jump to: