Pages:
Author

Topic: Shiba Inu coin and storing them safely? - page 2. (Read 241 times)

Activity: 1834
Merit: 166
June 27, 2021, 12:36:32 PM
As for Ledger Nanos are they not risky with hackers exploiting them all? I skimmed past an article that they were targeting them ?
A hardware wallet like Ledger Nano s have only one possibility of hacking that if someone has physical access to your wallet and then breach the pin and your security is compromised and your funds are lost otherwise there are say zero chances of hacking.How do come you hack something offline? In the past there was phisshy attack on Ledger wallet customers by which hackers send them emails that theri account needs new updations with mail setup and that was from not official but people got scammed.Some other major bug from the company that could leak your personal information can be under them.But if you are preferring hardware wallets over Exchange or some soft wallets then you must be expecting high security and full control of your funds.But still you need to be aware about the technical breaches and do not give anyone physical access which provides extra security on your behalf.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 3014
June 27, 2021, 12:27:47 PM
Hi I am a Newbie when it comes to crypto, I was hoping there is a way to store Shiba Inu and some other coins offline?
Newbie that started in 2016?
I've read people claiming they can store it on Ledger Nano S but the problem is I cannot find Shiba Inu in their list of supported tokens. Transfer it at your own risk.

Another question is Trust Wallet safe to store these coins on?

You have full control of your keys so it's safer than exchanges but it's still a software wallet.
Yes I had my first attempt back then in 2016, Cryptsy the exchange I had my coins on decided to rug pull everyones coins and steal them, I lost out id be a millionaire today, I then had no money to re invest, it happened so fast I tried withdraw my coins and they were gone just like the owners. So I had no choice but to threw in the towel, I lost about 1000 LTC, 10 BTC, and few million Doge, on top of RDD that I left on that exchange and people were telling me back then that all these meme coins itll never do anything, I had no money I was broke that was my gamble and I lost, things are slightly different now, so I have decided to gamble on some meme coins like Shiba with hopes it will hit half a cent.

As for Ledger Nanos are they not risky with hackers exploiting them all? I skimmed past an article that they were targeting them ?

There are some issues with using Ledger due to the fact that their database was hacked, but as long as you properly buy/utilize the wallet you should be fine.  One of the most important things to remember is when buying a hardware wallet you NEVER want to buy them from a third party source.  This opens you up to the possibility of buying a hacked device.  Now while Ledger wallets are not my favorite ( I prefer Trezor wallets) it is still certainly a lot better of an option to use than keeping your coins on an exchange or a hot wallet. 

You might be able to create a paper wallet? But this is more so for advanced users.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
June 27, 2021, 12:13:23 PM
Hi I am a Newbie when it comes to crypto, I was hoping there is a way to store Shiba Inu and some other coins offline?
I've read people claiming they can store it on Ledger Nano S but the problem is I cannot find Shiba Inu in their list of supported tokens. Transfer it at your own risk.

You have full control of your keys so it's safer than exchanges but it's still a software wallet.
Yes I had my first attempt back then in 2016, Cryptsy the exchange I had my coins on decided to rug pull everyones coins and steal them, I lost out id be a millionaire today, I then had no money to re invest, it happened so fast I tried withdraw my coins and they were gone just like the owners. So I had no choice but to threw in the towel, I lost about 1000 LTC, 10 BTC, and few million Doge, on top of RDD that I left on that exchange and people were telling me back then that all these meme coins itll never do anything, I had no money I was broke that was my gamble and I lost, things are slightly different now, so I have decided to gamble on some meme coins like Shiba with hopes it will hit half a cent.

Activity: 1055
Merit: 103
www.Artemis.co
June 27, 2021, 12:08:45 PM
Shiba Inu is a ERC20 token on ethereum paltform. The safest way to store it for longer period would be hardware wallets.
Both of Ledger Nano S and Trezor wallet would support Shiba Inu. You can also store them in a paper wallet.
Metamask and Trust wallet are probably the best you can have on device wallet. Both of them don't push your keys online. You can even make a wallet offline and transfer to it.
Activity: 2114
Merit: 618
June 27, 2021, 12:06:28 PM
Is there any way to do this whereby they are not left on any exchanges? I hate exchanges after what happened to me back in 2016.
Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.
Yes, transfer it into Ethereum wallet, it's basically an ether token so you can transfer it into your My Ether Wallet. It can be safely stored there. But to be very honest, I won't recommend you to HODL a coin like Shiba inu, it's a meme coin without any utilities, these types of coins are just one timer, they don't really last in the long run. But if you still want to do it. Just open a MEW account and transfer all your  Shiba into that.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 413
June 27, 2021, 12:06:15 PM

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
June 27, 2021, 11:28:27 AM
Is there any way to do this whereby they are not left on any exchanges? I hate exchanges after what happened to me back in 2016.
Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.
Pages:
Jump to: