Pages:
Author

Topic: SHIFT a sleeping giant !! - page 3. (Read 3653 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 135
Sit back, relax, eat some nachos and have a drink.
July 27, 2017, 06:49:50 PM
am buying some shift on dips. don't know if i'm a believer really but seems worth a gamble, i think it can go to 5$ in short to medium term and plus maybe they will surprise with something good so i will keep some for longterm maybe

I have invested in Shift (about 1BTC) despite not believing in it 100%. As soon as they come up with some sort of collaboration effort with IPFS team this will absolutely take off, and be a main Sia competitor (which I think Sia will be dominant, and Shift will be the shitty alternative, but still popular).

Shift has different use-cases from Sia

https://forum.sia.tech/topic/102/sia-vs-ipfs

Yes I am aware. IPFS is not really for long-term storage and as Taek says, an HTTP replacement.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
July 27, 2017, 06:36:18 PM
am buying some shift on dips. don't know if i'm a believer really but seems worth a gamble, i think it can go to 5$ in short to medium term and plus maybe they will surprise with something good so i will keep some for longterm maybe

I have invested in Shift (about 1BTC) despite not believing in it 100%. As soon as they come up with some sort of collaboration effort with IPFS team this will absolutely take off, and be a main Sia competitor (which I think Sia will be dominant, and Shift will be the shitty alternative, but still popular).

Shift has different use-cases from Sia

https://forum.sia.tech/topic/102/sia-vs-ipfs
July 27, 2017, 06:17:23 PM

Activity: 406
Merit: 251
July 27, 2017, 06:14:57 PM
July 27, 2017, 06:09:59 PM
My analysis on Shift: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20407368

TL;DR: Not a sleeping giant. But has potential.
Activity: 1
July 27, 2017, 06:06:16 PM
If you're holding your Shift in their online wallet they are as good as gone. The devs have control over all the private keys

That's a quite tendentious statement. Though, private keys communicated in plain text is a very serious design flaw. Especially in crypto we may expect security by design and a code quality review process.
As I understand, the problem was not recognized immediately as 'critical' by the development teams of RISE/Shift/LISK? Only after some community pressure? Then it sais much about their security awareness and development skills...

Activity: 2
July 27, 2017, 05:10:43 PM
If you're holding your Shift in their online wallet they are as good as gone. The devs have control over all the private keys
https://i.imgur.com/xpu2kWr.png
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
July 27, 2017, 04:30:19 PM
Activity: 1050
Merit: 295
July 27, 2017, 04:25:29 PM
I agree with you on most of the point.
Shift has good team behind it.
But the trading volume is very low.
Shift needs some attention from big whale.
Then it can go higher in my opinion.
Or they need very active marketing machine
Activity: 644
Merit: 379
July 27, 2017, 10:51:09 AM
I agree with you on most of the point.
Shift has good team behind it.
But the trading volume is very low.
Shift needs some attention from big whale.
Then it can go higher in my opinion.
Activity: 252
Merit: 107
July 27, 2017, 10:42:52 AM
Hi guys, i'm always reading post here but is my very first topic. I'm trying to study and understand the crypto market but is not the right time to make prevision.

However i'm here to spread the attention on SHIFT.

First of all to be clear i would like to point out that i have a small stack of 180 bought at 0.0003800.

The pourpose of this post is not to pump it just because i'm in (my stack is ridiculous), but to explain why i'm in and understand, in case someone disagrees, why i'm wrong.

Well, firstly they aim to decentralize the web, it's seems to be interesting and at least original. Through my researc they seems to be active in developement.
The marketcap is still low compared to big players, low circulating supply, dumped 3x from the ATH and still down while the other are shyly rising up.

So for me the point is not if but when.
Pages:
Jump to: