Pages:
Author

Topic: Should Goldcoin (GLD) be added to the scam/sh*tcoin list? - page 3. (Read 3752 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Luckily I have dropped out of GLD before quite some time.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
DigiByte Founder
Since the guy who runs the GLD thread just deleted my posts I decided to see what the rest of the community thinks of GLD as I am sure others have had their posts deleted for no apparent reason:

GLD FACTs:
1) GLD generates a block every 2 minutes. First 200 blocks paid out 10,000 GLD. That means 6 hrs to generate 2 million GLD. Premine anyone?
EDIT: After reading Hazards article there was actually 8 Million of the current 28 Million mined in the first 24 hours:http://cryptolife.net/goldcoin-the-scam-that-keeps-on-giving/
2) GLD was obviously just forked by the so called "51%" defense.
3) 3/4 of my GLD just vanished. Wtf?

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Glad to see the guy behind GLD is welcoming of new community members. Then again that does explain how the first 2 million GLD were mined in 6 hours.

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

I like the idea behind GLD & would love to keep mining it. It has some great potential. After all, who doesn't want some crypto Gold with a nice shiny wallet emblem? Wink

But after watching over half my coins disappear I must concur that this 51% defense is on its way to becoming a major mining buzz kill. Back to FTC and WDC I go. Looking forward to the patch.
Pages:
Jump to: