Pages:
Author

Topic: should i add a tx fee to a coldwallet? - page 2. (Read 1399 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
you don't really need transfer fees, as they are optional. Especially large transactions and coins that have been unspent for a long time are high-priority by default.

But if you really want to be 100% sure of a fast transaction you may include a small fee
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Transaction_fees

Fees are mostly optional, and I don't see that changing in the next 2-3 years.
Maybe things will be different in 20 years.
cp1
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Stop using branwallets
If you want that address to have exactly 1.00000 then you'll need to spend a total of 1.001.

Where did you get that figure ?

I assume that was a typo, he means 1.0001BTC.

Oops, yes I made a typo.
Activity: 412
Merit: 275
1BTC is above the relay limit, so you shouldn't even need to include a fee, depending on how recently you received the coins. I've made a few transactions lately with no fee, and it's not too long until it confirms. If it confirms in a few hours, who cares? its going to cold storage!

You could include a fee for when you're redeeming your money in a few years time, for the laugh, so you still have 1 whole bitcoin when you move it.. I wonder how much a tx fee now will be worth then!
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
If you want that address to have exactly 1.00000 then you'll need to spend a total of 1.001.

I assume that was a typo, he means 1.0001BTC.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
I would do it...adding that tiny transaction fee is probably less money than you could find if you lifted the cushions of your couch.  There really isn't a reason not to...
cp1
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Stop using branwallets
legendary
You can if it gives you piece of mind.  Just make it like 1.0005
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
 I'm printing out my first cold wallet with 1BTC on it to keep long term.I plan to HODL for at least a few years.
 Should I add extra to cover a future tx fee? If yes, then what tx fee would you recommend I add?
 Thanks. 

Pages:
Jump to: