Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I Buy used or new miners? - page 4. (Read 4337 times)

legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
January 03, 2016, 08:24:40 AM
first off what country are you in?  or if in usa what state?

second how cheap is cheap power?

third how much power do you have?

fourth how much room do you have?

fifth 120 volt or 240 volt?

lastly what is you ability to handle noise?

if your power is 2 cents or less  and you have lots of room s-3's are okay  but 9   s-3s = 1 s-7

and 9 s-3's would use 3 antminer psu's

while and s-7 would use 1 antminer psu   so   if you pay 90 usd for an s-3 9 x 90 = 810 and 420 for psu's = 1230

while 1 s-7 is 1200 + 140 = 1340   that is not a lot of savings for the 9 s-3's

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
January 03, 2016, 08:18:07 AM
Thanks for the recommendation.

Why am i considering used miners?

Our ROI is basically Earnings/$$ used to buy hardware. Since our electricity costs are negligible, our only costs is the initial cost for the hardware. Thus, it would be best for us to purchase the lowest $$/TH hardware.

Also, If i'm not wrong, i believe warranty is only for first 3 months, and i've read through this forum that the miners should be working most of the time. So I'm thinking of saving costs and achieving ROI A.S.A.P instead of paying a additional premium for the warranty and being "first owner".

Am I right to think about it this way?

Yeah but like the previous user told you, the used S7's are going for the same price or higher than the new S7's. So thats something to check.

And yes you are otherwise right and also, if you buy used hardware that ran for a long time, it will probably last for a while longer. When you buy new, maybe its a bad batch.
The only thing to keep in mind is, if you buy let say 100 S1's instead of 2 S7's you're going to need a shit ton more wire, a shit ton more power cables, etc.

So paying a bit more for higher hashrate density is also worth considering in your $$/TH.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
January 03, 2016, 05:52:50 AM
Thanks for the recommendation.

Why am i considering used miners?

Our ROI is basically Earnings/$$ used to buy hardware. Since our electricity costs are negligible, our only costs is the initial cost for the hardware. Thus, it would be best for us to purchase the lowest $$/TH hardware.

Also, If i'm not wrong, i believe warranty is only for first 3 months, and i've read through this forum that the miners should be working most of the time. So I'm thinking of saving costs and achieving ROI A.S.A.P instead of paying a additional premium for the warranty and being "first owner".

Am I right to think about it this way?
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
January 03, 2016, 04:19:18 AM
Right now you are better off purchasing new miners since new miners come with warranty and are cheaper then that is on the used market.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
January 03, 2016, 03:52:44 AM
Hi, Have been browsing the forums and learnt alot about bitcoins here.

So, firstly, I would like to thank everyone who shares their experiences in this forum, and also you, who is reading this  Smiley

Second, I am thinking of purchasing some miners, Avalon A6 or antminer S7.

Wondering if it would be better to purchasing new ones, or would it be better off purchasing used ones? Also, where should i go searching for used miners?

I have recently read about BitFury's new chips, and some speculated that it would reach end users by Q2 2016. Should i be waiting, or should i purchase some miners right now?

Thirdly, I visited a mining farm of my friend's. I was thinking of installing air conditioning in my farm but he shared with me that he used to do that. but now, he simply suck out the hot air using exhaust fan. Can i ask for some opinions on cooling?

Thanks for all the help!

PS: I'm running on very cheap electricity, almost negligible to our costs.
Pages:
Jump to: