Pages:
Author

Topic: Should i get APW3-12-1600 or other PSUs? - page 3. (Read 3317 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
It's advertising a server PSU and breakout board which is, overall, better than Bitmain's PSU. The conversion efficiency is a few percent lower but the total power, reliability, flexibility and price beat it.

If you're in the US and wanting to buy S7 from Bitmain, I can probably hook you up with undervolted units that run 85% hashrate at under 70% power versus stock units, with a power supply, for about the same price you can get just a new S7 shipped from Bitmain. This makes 'em more efficient than an S7-LN and can also be run on 120V.

I've read the post again.. Is the PSUs mentions DPS2000BB ?

Also, why would we need the breakout board in addition to the PSU?

I'm actually located in Southeast Asia, Thank you for the offer though  Wink

Based on your location and parts availability you are best off with bitmaintech.

If you were USA based I would say go with the dps-2000 and set up that way.

But  your location means the bitmaintech psu is easier.

Sidehack's  modded s-7's and his power supply is also really good, but once again cross shipping  China to usa to asia is an issue.

Why do want s-7's do you have cheap power?
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
Most of the PSU's I use in my farm are Bitmains, have 26 of them and with the oldest ones being almost 2 years old so far zero problems.

I also have used the IBM DPS-2000 w/ breakout boards (needed because the PSU has no wires coming out of it), also very good and yes a bit cheaper than Bitmain's PSU's but it does a take a bit of time and effort to get everything together (PSU, breakout, PCIe cables) whereas Bitmains are totally plug-and-play.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
It's advertising a server PSU and breakout board which is, overall, better than Bitmain's PSU. The conversion efficiency is a few percent lower but the total power, reliability, flexibility and price beat it.

If you're in the US and wanting to buy S7 from Bitmain, I can probably hook you up with undervolted units that run 85% hashrate at under 70% power versus stock units, with a power supply, for about the same price you can get just a new S7 shipped from Bitmain. This makes 'em more efficient than an S7-LN and can also be run on 120V.

I've read the post again.. Is the PSUs mentions DPS2000BB ?

Also, why would we need the breakout board in addition to the PSU?

I'm actually located in Southeast Asia, Thank you for the offer though  Wink

legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy

We are new to mining, but have been monitoring since Dec'15. We're prepared to purchase S7-LN as it came with power supply so it seems like a good purchase. However, S7-LN recently went out of stock.

We're looking to purchase S7s now and considering PSUs for our S7s. Should i get PSU from bitmain, or should i go with other PSUs like EVGA Supernova 1600?

first question do you have  220/240 volt power?

you should not get bitmaintech  or evga 1600 if you have 220/240 volt power

read this thread  far better to use this system to power s-7's and or s-9's

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1373092.0;all

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15403344

Hi philip, thanks for the great information. We're indeed running on 240 volts. I'm not too sure of what is that thread about after i read it. From what i understand it is regarding breakout boards. Does that mean that we'll require breakout boards to run on 240 volts?

Thank you!
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
We are new to mining, but have been monitoring since Dec'15. We're prepared to purchase S7-LN as it came with power supply so it seems like a good purchase. However, S7-LN recently went out of stock.

We're looking to purchase S7s now and considering PSUs for our S7s. Should i get PSU from bitmain, or should i go with other PSUs like EVGA Supernova 1600?

first question do you have  220/240 volt power?

you should not get bitmaintech  or evga 1600 if you have 220/240 volt power

read this thread  far better to use this system to power s-7's and or s-9's

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1373092.0;all

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15403344

Pages:
Jump to: