Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I invest in BTC and what else? - page 2. (Read 934 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
May 18, 2013, 01:54:37 AM
Elwar,

I would never recommend investing your life savings in something as volatile as Bitcoins. You may fall asleep and wake up penniless unfortunately. Maybe in the future when we don't have bubble after bubble Wink

I agree with Jozzaboy. You can invest some money but only what you can afford to lose. If you wouldn't gamble with that money, don't invest with it. Be careful, and if you want to put your life savings in it, wait until the price has become much more stable!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
May 18, 2013, 01:53:43 AM
I think you should invest in BTC & LTC & GLDCoins, splitting it up well. However, the market could have an interesting reaction once enough Asics come online making GPU mining useless.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
May 18, 2013, 01:53:05 AM
Elwar,

I would never recommend investing your life savings in something as volatile as Bitcoins. You may fall asleep and wake up penniless unfortunately. Maybe in the future when we don't have bubble after bubble Wink
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
May 18, 2013, 01:31:03 AM
Hey I'm new here, I got some BTC, but i'm considering LTC or NMC based on Gox's tickers. What do you guys think is the best bet longterm. LTC looks good because of its obvious support, but NMC is on the ticker too and seems below the radar. Advice welcome.

You are looking at it wrong.

You say you have some BTC, do you also hold dollars?

If you hold dollars...why?

Do not treat BTC as an investment. Treat it like your new currency. Think of it like moving to another country. You may still have some bills back in the states using dollars but the rest you should turn into the local currency. Start figuring out ways of spending your new money for things you used to spend with dollars.

With BitSpend you can use bitcoins for anything on the Internet.
With Gyft you can spend money in at most major retailers.
With bitcoinbillpay you can pay most of your bills.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
May 18, 2013, 01:19:24 AM
Yes.. seems to me that BTC will be the gold where LTC will be the silver. We can hope and dream! Smiley
T.

BTC and LTC only, other coins are joke.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
Free Dog to good home
May 18, 2013, 01:16:07 AM
Yes.. seems to me that BTC will be the gold where LTC will be the silver. We can hope and dream! Smiley
T.
Activity: 519
Merit: 253
May 18, 2013, 12:57:36 AM
I think LTC has a good future.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
May 17, 2013, 11:55:42 PM
Hey I'm new here, I got some BTC, but i'm considering LTC or NMC based on Gox's tickers. What do you guys think is the best bet longterm. LTC looks good because of its obvious support, but NMC is on the ticker too and seems below the radar. Advice welcome.
Pages:
Jump to: