Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I invest in the dollar? - page 2. (Read 1886 times)

Activity: 187
Merit: 109
Converting information into power since 1867
November 11, 2013, 06:01:54 PM
So I've been hearing a lot lately about a currency called the "US Dollar" but I'm really hesitant to invest in it at the moment.  For those of you that don't know, "dollars" are pieces of paper are printed by a centralized authority called the "Fed", which distributes these "dollars" by purchasing Government bonds that keep the government and its people permanently indebted to the Fed.  Also, dollars used to be backed by gold, but now nothing really backs them except tradition as far as I understand.

Economically speaking, the dollar started the year at 1/15BTC, which was pretty good at the time, but it then hit an all time low of 1/395BTC on Mt. Gox last Friday.  I was thinking that maybe it could be a low and a great time to get in, but I find it a bit scary.  Especially when considering that the dollar has lost over 96% of its value over the past year, and the government associated with it is arguably the most fiscally irresponsible organization in the history of the world.  

However, it did great at the end of last April and part of this last weekend.  Oh, and it was kinda decent in June too.  I just don't know...  

Whatever shall I do?

Awesome  Grin

We will all be so freaking rich when people actually talk like that...
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265
November 11, 2013, 05:54:24 PM
I would go short on the dollar Tongue
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
November 11, 2013, 05:51:39 PM
I switched.

The USD is backed by the full military power of the United States.

BTC is backed by... the USD...

So at $1/350BTC, seemed like a steal to me.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
November 11, 2013, 05:39:07 PM
Invest in what interest you, and see where it leads.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
November 11, 2013, 05:39:03 PM
I prefer to call them Slavecoins.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
November 11, 2013, 05:35:56 PM
So I've been hearing a lot lately about a currency called the "US Dollar" but I'm really hesitant to invest in it at the moment.  For those of you that don't know, "dollars" are pieces of paper printed by a centralized authority called the "Fed", which distributes these "dollars" by purchasing Government bonds that keep the government and its people permanently indebted to the Fed.  Also, dollars used to be backed by gold, but now nothing really backs them except tradition as far as I understand.

Economically speaking, the dollar started the year at 1/15BTC, which was pretty good at the time, but it then hit an all time low of 1/395BTC on Mt. Gox last Friday.  I was thinking that maybe it could be a low and a great time to get in, but I find it a bit scary.  Especially when considering that the dollar has lost over 96% of its value over the past year, and the government associated with it is arguably the most fiscally irresponsible organization in the history of the world.  

However, it did great at the end of last April and part of this last weekend.  Oh, and it was kinda decent in June too.  I just don't know...  

Whatever shall I do?
Pages:
Jump to: