Pages:
Author

Topic: Should MultiPool Mine Extremely low diff/hashrate Coins? LKY, ARG, PXC? - page 2. (Read 3012 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
agreed r32! much appreciated, thats how the whole community should be thinking but it seems money speaks around here rather than innovation
Activity: 1360
Merit: 506
i hold 0 ARG i hold more ltc and btc. but my opinion is based on the fact that its killing the coin, MultiPool is okay on coin's which its not going to kill. But ARG it is on the verge of killing which makes everyone except the people on Multipool loose out

So you want the Multipool miners to mine less profitable coins and reduce their earnings? Why would they willingly do this? If the supporters of ARG really cared about the coin and believed in it, they would put their money where their mouth is and pay Multipool the amount of BTC they would miss out on to not mine ARG. If they don't want to do this, they could always buy ARG on the exchanges to increase the price so that more miners will switch to ARG and the effect of Multipool would be decreased. However, not enough people actually believe in ARG so there aren't enough people willing to pay the costs of securing a blockchain. People have already decided to abandon ARG.

+1, it's a garbage coin, let it die.

Spoken like a bagholder of some other coin. How about we let your coins you support die? At least the ARG dev is actually in the process of developing some decent services some of which are unique and give the coin a real chance at helping it succeed. Thats better than alot of other coins which have virtually no services and exist only for pumping and dumping. Coins like that are not going to last and are just polluting the market.

I hope ARG is ok and support it going forward along with dgc. I'm even happy seeing other decent coins with solid development thrive too, it all helps the crypto community to become more widespread and a chance to be adopted by more mainstream folk.

Hopefully someone will come up with a way very soon to bring some of these coin raping pools like multipools.in into line. Sooner rather than later.
exactly reason enough for multipool to leave ARG aswell. us smalltime miners of ARG are happy enough like that, aslong as theres a select few mining ARG it wont die, coins like tenebrix, hypercoin and other "dying" coins are proof of that
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
i hold 0 ARG i hold more ltc and btc. but my opinion is based on the fact that its killing the coin, MultiPool is okay on coin's which its not going to kill. But ARG it is on the verge of killing which makes everyone except the people on Multipool loose out

So you want the Multipool miners to mine less profitable coins and reduce their earnings? Why would they willingly do this? If the supporters of ARG really cared about the coin and believed in it, they would put their money where their mouth is and pay Multipool the amount of BTC they would miss out on to not mine ARG. If they don't want to do this, they could always buy ARG on the exchanges to increase the price so that more miners will switch to ARG and the effect of Multipool would be decreased. However, not enough people actually believe in ARG so there aren't enough people willing to pay the costs of securing a blockchain. People have already decided to abandon ARG.
If you all think it's crap then stop mining it, don't put it on the multiport, and when the Bank and Exchange come out for ARG and DGC you will all see just how much better off you'd have been if you pointed all that hashpower at the coin 24/7.  In the meantime, don't fuck us over just because you can't see the true value of the coin.

+1
Activity: 132
If you all think it's crap then stop mining it, don't put it on the multiport, and when the Bank and Exchange come out for ARG and DGC you will all see just how much better off you'd have been if you pointed all that hashpower at the coin 24/7.  In the meantime, don't fuck us over just because you can't see the true value of the coin.
Activity: 602
Merit: 254
🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰
Doesn't this problem solve itself? If the coin loses value because it's utility has dropped due to difficulty traps, won't people stop mining it and the problem will be solved?
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
tbh, my posts were never specifically about ARG.  Its just an example of the overall situation.  (I hold very little ARG personally)

With 400Mh/s worth of miners on multipool, and a forum full of people sick of so many alts (obviously most of which see little value in ARG, given its usual daily hashrates), how do you expect this vote to go?
every coin is a crapcoin including Bitcoin and LItecoin. Every coin is a commodity not a currency. Coin's only get far after people put work into it, and its always those same people who are holding the "crapcoins". Bitcoin itself was a crapcoin. but the people holding managed to make it succeed
Mod's Could You Sticky This?

Reply to the above: because their killing a coin which people are working hard at keeping alive. Its easy let the community decide.

Why would anyone care if another crapcoin died besides the people holding useless coins?
Mod's Could You Sticky This?

Reply to the above: because their killing a coin which people are working hard at keeping alive. Its easy let the community decide.
Yes, why wouldn't they try to maximize their mining revenue?
Should MultiPool Mine Extremely low diff/hashrate Coins? good for the community?
Pages:
Jump to: