Pages:
Author

Topic: Should there be a bitcointalk app? - page 2. (Read 447 times)

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
June 05, 2019, 04:36:14 AM
Should be easier to be done when the new software forum (which AFAIK has an API) releases. Doing an app right now with SMF is pretty hard and/or inefficient because the forum has no API, so the app has to scrape the pages, deal with reCAPTCHA at the login page, Cloudflare, etc...

When you want to launch an APP on playstore you need to make compromises with Google so it is completely wrong to give details of an decentralized platform to centralized company.
BitcoinTalk is centralized.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
June 05, 2019, 04:31:28 AM
There is reddit already if you badly need an app that discusses crypto.
The OP is asking for an official Bitcointalk app, not one for reddit.

I also agree with the previous posts and this is probably not a priority for the admins. I don't really see the benefits in browsing and writing on the forum from my smartphone. Checking the occasional thread from time to time is OK but I would never make that my standard way of accessing and posting on the forum.
Activity: 882
Merit: 301
June 05, 2019, 04:20:41 AM
Are you having an issue browsing the forum from your mobile? I don't think there is a need for an app. There is reddit already if you badly need an app that discusses crypto.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1018
Not your keys, not your coins!
June 05, 2019, 04:02:05 AM
I hate all these apps, and the way Google keeps trying to install more. Hopefully the recent action by Trump will lead to Huawei releasing a Google free phone, and I can use that to create an efficient communication tool again.
How about this? Do you support such restrictions like IEEE recently applied?
IEEE and their restrictions on Huawei to prevent ideas stolen by Huawei & China
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1018
Not your keys, not your coins!
June 05, 2019, 02:15:54 AM
Agreed with Vod that such app are not essential for the forum. I want to point out another reason why we don't actually need such app. There are lots of users complain about spam quotes, nested/ pyramid quotes, so the key question for such app is whether it will solve this issue or only make it worse?
I doubt that such mobile app can include features to help users easier to avoid pyramid quotes, and also doubt that if there are such scripts/ features to do this, spammers will be ready to use it to keep forum cleaner. Additionally, real users rarely use mobile devices to log in and leave replies here (due to it requires more time to type same number of characters than using computers or laptops).

There is already a userscript, built by EcuaMobile to do this: User Script: Automatically remove nested quotes, and is available for Android.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1043
Need A Campaign Manager? | Contact Little_Mouse
June 05, 2019, 01:53:58 AM
If someone will create then its good but I don't think that it is needed since the forum is already ok for the smartphone users.

For me, it is easier to write and read on my computer rather than my smartphone.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
June 05, 2019, 01:29:24 AM
As the number of smartphone users grow exponentially, I feel it would be optimistic to launch an official bitcointalk forum app.
It would enable more people to learn and discuss about cryptos and make the way for cryptos to penetrate into the mainstream market faster!
Using smartphones are easier, makes it simple to read, write and discuss than being on the web using a computer or even mobile browser Smiley

1)  Smartphones are no longer growing exponentially

2)  Using a computer to read and write text is much simpler than using a smartphone.

3) Check out the new forum software, which is hopefully compliant to modern HTML standards.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 133
June 05, 2019, 01:23:24 AM
As the number of smartphone users grow exponentially, I feel it would be optimistic to launch an official bitcointalk forum app.
It would enable more people to learn and discuss about cryptos and make the way for cryptos to penetrate into the mainstream market faster!
Using smartphones are easier, makes it simple to read, write and discuss than being on the web using a computer or even mobile browser Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: