Pages:
Author

Topic: Should this be allowed? - page 2. (Read 472 times)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
April 21, 2020, 07:16:24 AM
The number of posts is not a problem, it is not the cause of spam. How a campaign works will depend on its manager, if he does all the work well, chooses the best poster, spam posts will not appear. On the contrary, even if the campaign requires 10 or 20 posts, a non-responsible manager will have a row of spam posts created. The required section too, each campaign has the right to ask for what they want, if you find it difficult to complete their request, just ignore their campaign, only those who are eligible accept. They do not require users to post to their ANN, they do not do prohibited things. They only post their topics in the wrong section  Roll Eyes

Although Yobit is bad, I don't think their campaign is bad, they have yahoo62278 there, the quality is checked thoroughly and spammers are always eliminated, there are no obstacles there.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
April 21, 2020, 06:50:34 AM
Asking participants to post in certain threads is against the rules. But the rule isn't applied to certain boards as well.
There are campaigns that don't count posts in some boards. But they are actually doing the same thing. Because they are asking people to post in boards other than excluded boards. (The number of included boards in those campaigns is much higher of course).

Any way, in my opinion the forum shouldn't allow the campaign stated in the OP to run. It will certainly lead to spam. But as I said, I don't think it is against the current rules. Perhaps it is needed to add a new rule.
Activity: 31
Merit: 5
April 21, 2020, 06:34:45 AM
Wayki Chain Signature Campaign is launched few minutes ago and I noticed weird rules of the campaign. As per the rules, participant has to write 30 posts weekly and only three sub-sections namely, Bitcoin Discussion, Altcoin Discussion and Altcoins (ANN) are allowed.

I am pretty sure that not even a single user exist on this forum whose natural posting habit includes writing 30 posts weekly in these sections.

So all the participants who will join the campaign will be forced posters leading to unnatural posting (or spamming).

Most of the altcoin signature participants spam in one way or the other (I know) but most of them expect only 10-20 posts from participants. 30 is too much and will be easily noticeable like YoBit.

Link: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pause-wayki-chain-ambassador-request-signature-campaign-miss-7-full-members-5242265

What are your views?
Pages:
Jump to: