Pages:
Author

Topic: Should trades be closed only when the market is bullish? - page 3. (Read 668 times)

Activity: 1316
Merit: 268
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
A tendency arises among us. When the value of Bitcoin increases a lot, we start trading more. Which puts our trade management in jeopardy, during which most of the time people face loss.

What is your experience in this field?

When Bitcoin is rallying in the market, it is true that it is good to go along with the daily trade, but it is not good to go along if you do not have a broad understanding of trading. You can't just know the basics, or else you will be left behind.

If you want to go along but your knowledge is not enough, don't force yourself to go along. That's my advice to those who will try. Although there is no problem if anyone wants to join, as long as it is done at your own risk,.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
OP, I believe that to avoid those problems that make you ask "when to close a trade", "when to take profit", and other such problems, it's probably better for you to merely HODL and denominate all of your capital in Bitcoin. You're merely putting yourself in very hard situations because most of the cryptocurrency prices are currently high. Do you truly want to buy high?

But if you want an opportunity, you need to be early. Study "Bitcoin DeFi", that's probably a the cycle's next narrative that's coming from Asia, which could unlock Bitcoin's potential.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 258
First make a good plan, manage your risk and profit ratio, don't take more risk then the profit you are going to make, if you think for some X trade the risk is lesser and profit could be more then definitely go for it, even if the profit is not that much but risk is lesser then still go for that trade. (personal view, beside DYOR).

PS: Try to control your emotions and learn the sentiments that markets brings for us. Controling emotions is not a difficult task until you have good knowledge of FA and TA. 

I have seen many people who are very good at trading but still make these mistakes. When the price of Bitcoin goes up they get frustrated and make the wrong decision is a tendency that works in many people at different times. There seem to be many of us who give advice to others. But when we open a trade we cannot control our emotions. Because we forget that we should control our emotions.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 831
A tendency arises among us. When the value of Bitcoin increases a lot, we start trading more. Which puts our trade management in jeopardy, during which most of the time people face loss.
When the market is bullish and price is up, people are more actively with trading.

They increase their trading intensity from Spot to Leverages, Futures trading types. Even the Spot Trading type is risky if they can not control their emotion and buy high, sell low.

With Leverages, Futures Trading types, they have less choices as if they open a wrong position, the market moves oppositely against their position, they will have to either cut loss by themselves or liquidated by exchanges.

In general, in a bull market, trading volume increases a lot because there will be new capital flow into the market and traders are more actively with trading.

Will the get more profit from the bull market, not actually. Most of traders have painful losses from trading.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 650
Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds
People do not like trading while market is making progress they seems to have this mindset that when trading they are losing but I must say trading is more profitable during bull run, or when market are making great impact. The major problem is for you the trader to know how to manage your funds because fund management plays a crucial role in trading especially knowing which coin to buy and  hold and the coin to keep trading alongside while the market keeps progressing.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 437
#SWGT CERTIK Audited

I have been into such a situation back when I started trading, its funny but for like 2 days I have been thinking about the past time when I was into trading like in 2021 maybe, I was totally newbie and had no knowledge at all, trading totally on the basis of luck and emotions, you might not believe but I was even trading just because in my view some coins was looking good only by looking at candle (I don't have the TA skills at that time) hehe. Well, I was playing with emotions and now I am going to say we should keep emotions aside if we want to make a profit from trading.

First make a good plan, manage your risk and profit ratio, don't take more risk then the profit you are going to make, if you think for some X trade the risk is lesser and profit could be more then definitely go for it, even if the profit is not that much but risk is lesser then still go for that trade. (personal view, beside DYOR).

PS: Try to control your emotions and learn the sentiments that markets brings for us. Controling emotions is not a difficult task until you have good knowledge of FA and TA. 
Activity: 2968
Merit: 670
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Logically, your subject doesn't make sense, it doesn't make sense to close trade when market is bullish, you only close trade when the market is bearish or maybe when you have hit your targets. However, most often, to always avoid your profits wearing off, it's always better to use Trailing profits, that's help you take profits at the particular place you want it to take the profit for you.

What you should know about market is this, both ways profits can be printed if you understand the market very well. As a regular spot trader, I don't short market when everyone is bullish, I become bullish as well because the trend is your friend but I don't follow the trend blindly like everyone do, I take my profits before we reach resistance, that's what I did with Bitcoin when we reached ATH of Bitcoin and then short the market at $71k and it's still open. The reason why I shorted is not because I'm bearish, the market is still bullish but short term bearish as halving is coming a lot of weak hands will sell off until after the halving before another rally will start again and by then my shot will be close as I have another open order waiting to be filled so we can continue the ride.
I would say that the idea was probably "should trades only be closed when profitable" or something like that, or at least it should be, because in this way it doesn't make sense at all. I believe that making that type of return doesn't really mean anything to anyone, and it doesn't really mean anything at all.

I feel like the best thing we could do right now would be just focusing on how to make money this way and it would not be all that easy at all, we should probably consider how to make money based on not trades but the end results and if we are not profiting then what is the point of them even existing. I hope that it could get to a level where we could make some money, would make a lot more sense to people.
Activity: 322
Merit: 85

A lot of people are afraid to invest in Bitcoin when the Bitcoin market is down, which is why many people don't invest if the Bitcoin market is not bullish. When they see that the Bitcoin market is rising, they rush to invest in Bitcoin. Many times it is seen that many people suffer because of Bitcoin investment, so they must be careful from such investments. When it comes to Bitcoin investment, we must invest technically and knowledgably.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1344
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

It's like you are a bandwagon because you only trade on the 1 side of the market.
For me, if you want to be a profitable and successful trader, you must be able to trade in any condition of the market, bullish or bearish. Because it will help you to become strong just incase the condition of market will shift always and must remember that cryptocurrency is extremely volatile.
Activity: 224
Merit: 216
Good investors know that profit is in buying, not selling, and the best time to buy is the down market, while the trader knows that he can make a profit regardless of the market situation. If you were looking at the rising market to start trading, then you are an investor and not a trader, and then your investment will be a failure because the buying point was at a high price.
Trading is related to price fluctuation, and in both the up and down trend, there are periods when the price is stable and less volatile, and therefore there is no ideal time for trading.

Rightly said but we see the real picture very reversed, because here when the price rises people insist on buying and when the price falls they insist on increasing. According to me consistently running trades are two different things, if one invests even if there are some losses, there are recovery options. But if one opens a trade when the price of Bitcoin is high and chooses only that time. Then the possibility of his loss is very high.
Yes of course when one opens a trade when the price of Bitcoin is high then there is a high chance of loss. When the bearish season starts in the market we should trade or buy Bitcoin or any other coin. Because if we buy a coin at a low price, hold it and sell it when its price rises, then we can profit from it. Similarly, if we buy a coin during a bullish season, we may end up with some loss instead of profit. Because after the bullish season it is normal that the market will dump a bit so if we buy bitcoin at that price there is definitely a possibility of loss from there. When the bullish season starts in the market, you can make more profit by short-term trading because then the market keeps going up and down.
Activity: 728
Merit: 512

The bullish market is the best season in the market for short term traders and all categories of traders to easily make profits, just as the word implies "bullish" the market is constantly fluctuating in an uptrends with just a little correction within the shortest period (a little downsides) then picks up again just like that. Most traders take advantage of the season to draw in much profits as possible particularly the scalpers they trade more under this period because even a newbie trader can manage to make profit now than in bearish market volatility.

Activity: 1036
Merit: 258
Good investors know that profit is in buying, not selling, and the best time to buy is the down market, while the trader knows that he can make a profit regardless of the market situation. If you were looking at the rising market to start trading, then you are an investor and not a trader, and then your investment will be a failure because the buying point was at a high price.
Trading is related to price fluctuation, and in both the up and down trend, there are periods when the price is stable and less volatile, and therefore there is no ideal time for trading.

Rightly said but we see the real picture very reversed, because here when the price rises people insist on buying and when the price falls they insist on increasing. According to me consistently running trades are two different things, if one invests even if there are some losses, there are recovery options. But if one opens a trade when the price of Bitcoin is high and chooses only that time. Then the possibility of his loss is very high.
Activity: 462
Merit: 304
Trading has more risk because there is too much market volatility in cryptocurrency, and this is something that every trader is already aware of, apart from those newbies who just started trading. A real trader will always be alert in the market because they can miss opportunities by using the upward or downward movement of an asset to make profit. They will only realize the opportunity they lost when they go back to track the previous price. I don't think that traders should only be close when the price of Bitcoin is becoming bullish; traders should stick around in both market movements because they can still make a profit even if the market is bullish or bearish. 
Activity: 728
Merit: 308
If you have noticed this to be a problem that you have faced whenever the value of Bitcoin rises, you will have to work on your psychology as a trader so that you are not affected by this.
If you must trade during a time when the market is bullish make sure it is because it is a strategy of yours that you have studied to be profitable for you and have a reason for practicing, let it not be that you are just trading because of pressure, pressure put on you by other traders that trading at this time is more profitable.

Activity: 154
Merit: 109
I noticed that a lot of person trade bitcoin when the price starts going up. The idea that bitcoin had reached 72k and is now below that price gives so many traders the confidence that they should initiate a trade that bitcoin will hit the 72k soon. Which is something that is certain currently. This week the price has been fluctuating so much that i almost felt it will go below 60k, i am a little confused because no matter how hard i try to predict the market i havent still figured what bitcoin is doing now. Its like a mind game.
Activity: 2786
Merit: 343
when lambo...

If you are in trading, you could really notice the difference when trading during the bear season versus the results when trading during the bull season. If you are, I could bet that trading during the time we have now is more profitable and easy unlike in the situation when the price is declining and sometimes we need a few weeks before our sell/buy call will be filled. But in this situation, that is quite easy.

I consider bull season as a good time to enter trading. We can't eliminate the possible losses but as we compared the possibility of making a profit is higher than losing. That is why traders are more active this time than at the time of the market crisis.
Activity: 1946
Merit: 575
I would say that if you want to take your profit then it is a smart move. As a long term investor it doesn't really matter to me neither, but if you are a trader then yeah that makes sense to take your profit and close the trade. You need to remember that there are so many people who has done so many things so far, and that basically means that you are going to end up with a lot of problems eventually if you are not careful. I believe that we are going to see things change, and for that to mean something you need to remember that life isn't all that complicated, keep working on it and you are going to do a lot better. Trading is not just win or loss, its both of them together.
Activity: 532
Merit: 508
Go after the goal... Go!!! It is worth getting!
It's not every trader who takes such trading calls. All traders in the crypto market have different patterns and habits of trading. There are some traders that sure enter a trading position for coins that are very volatile or only when the price of bitcoin is surging high, then they will enter a "buy position" with high leverage like 20x or more, and once they have archived a significant profit, they will run off from the market.Some traders are already experienced in the market, and they know the level of risk they can take during a bull or bear market. Those traders that don't have very wild experience in trading can't handle such risks, and as such, they don't attempt such trading patterns, which is why I said it's not every trader that is engaged in such trading patterns. There are more that a thousand traders in the world today, most of them are day traders who monitor the price direction of Bitcoin every day and make their trading every day with every little dip or pump in the Bitcoin price. 
Activity: 2030
Merit: 306
No doubt, when the market condition on bullish is the moment for closed or taking profit with all coins assets have increasing values and price pump drastically. Its technical of trading sell on the bullish and then buy back later after market face bearish moment, most of trader make mistake when market bullish never has ideas for selling their coins assets although with price increasing drastically and then get loss when market have been on bearish position.
During have many investor keep buyback on the bullish moment, you need to close and sell your altcoin assets have increasing the higher price and prepare your fiat to buy back later after market correction or bearish moment. Don't blame your self with the other keep holding when the market on bullish and panic for selling after market get bearish position.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208
Once a man, twice a child!
Every shrewd investor knows that the best time to invest is when price is down. Those who are buying Bitcoin now "are doing it at the back of time", to borrow a local expression from my vicinity. They're chasing price buying now and that's good for price appreciation as it keeps pushing it up. Though it's regrettably that a good number of them will be bitten by losses if price decides to revert from its new ATH of $73k+. That's what happens when people become too skeptical of risking something, they tend to buy the noise later instead of the silence.

As for the title topic, it's bad trading practice to close profitable trades when the market is bullish. Even if the investor is hasty to take profit, they shouldn't sell off everything. They should leave a moon bag that will buffer them in case the project turns bigger than its at the current moment.
Pages:
Jump to: