Pages:
Author

Topic: Should We Avoid US Based Exchanges Now? - page 3. (Read 549 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
December 21, 2020, 08:49:31 AM
I personally think so. Anyway, it is not really such a big loss if you leave Coinbase and Kraken for Binance, KuCoin, or Huobi. They're all almost the same. They're on the same league. The platforms that you mentioned are close competitors of each other.

It seems to me that the US is a lot more aggressive than other countries in regulating, implementing strict rules, and even suppressing crypto-related businesses. At the end of the day, you are not a US citizen so you are not really barred from using those above-mentioned exchanges. 
Activity: 27
Merit: 2
December 21, 2020, 08:08:33 AM
Avoiding US based exchanges won't be the solution. Bitfinex, for example, is based in Hong Kong, nevertheless its customers have to pass KYC. Don't want to deal with it? Avoid centralized exchanges. 
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
December 21, 2020, 07:59:15 AM
In terms of centralized exchanges do you think it would be better to use ones not based in the US now?
I'm thinking of avoiding Kraken and Coinbase completely now and just using ones not based in US such as Binance, Kucoin, Huobi.
Btw I'm not personally a US citizen and the KYC rules and regulation on transactions the US government doing seem like a huge hassle now, so would be good to avoid that.

I don't think that there's any big difference between using a US based or non-US based cryptocurrency exchange.In both cases,you will have to comply with the rules and submit personal data and ID photos.
If you think that Binance is better than Coinbase,then good luck.They are all bad,in one way or another and they all have flaws.
I wish that there will be a time,when we won't have to necessarily use crypto trading platforms,in order to trade coins.
Unfortunately,the governments won't let this happen.
copper member
Activity: 246
Merit: 7
buy bitcoin, hodl bitcoin
December 21, 2020, 07:40:05 AM
maybe you should start using decentralized exchange instead
Activity: 1470
Merit: 555
dont be greedy
December 21, 2020, 07:00:54 AM
In terms of centralized exchanges do you think it would be better to use ones not based in the US now?
I'm thinking of avoiding Kraken and Coinbase completely now and just using ones not based in US such as Binance, Kucoin, Huobi.
Btw I'm not personally a US citizen and the KYC rules and regulation on transactions the US government doing seem like a huge hassle now, so would be good to avoid that.

Just do what you like, when you want to transact on US-based exchanges and you feel insecure or uncomfortable, there are still a lot of other exchange options. Moreover, when you are not a US citizen, I don't think it will interfere with your freedom to do digital transitions as long as there is an internet connection. You can forget about US-based exchanges and try Binance or Bithumb to suit your business needs or your trading activity.

The large number of cryptocurrency exchanges makes us more comfortable in making choices based on our personalities.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228
December 21, 2020, 06:02:26 AM

Its really worth to avoid them? I think not since if they are the old reputable once which can be trusted well there's nothing wrong with that but if those small exchanges that possibly run by scammers then we will get a huge problem with that. KYC is really awful thing required but if that one is required by the law then lets comply it, But if you are not comfortable then try to use the other sites who you think a less hassle one for you.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 540
December 21, 2020, 05:48:35 AM
Regulations is crypto is everywhere, regardless if the exchange you are using are US or Malta based, doesn't matter.

https://public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2020-28437.pdf

So sooner or later centralised exchanges that doesn't require KYC for now, will have to comply with the FINCEN regulation.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
December 21, 2020, 05:28:04 AM
I live in the UK. I havn't used a UK exchange before, but I guess if something horrible went wrong you'd have more legal recourse to do something about it if the exchange is based in your own country.

Depositing and cashing out in fiat hasn't been a problem for me as I use this UK based bank app called Revolut which allows you to switch any fiat currency to any another with very small fees.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 634
December 21, 2020, 05:23:49 AM
There's no need to worry if you're not a US resident then just don't use those exchanges that you're not good with their terms. If they implement KYC because there are news that they're about to become strict with its implementation then use exchanges that are not scope of that rules.

But there would be traders that are good in that terms and wouldn't mind following it. Just as it, we can mind ourselves what we prefer in exchanges. We've got plenty of choice so you stick to what you want and avoid what you want to avoid.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
December 21, 2020, 05:14:58 AM
Hello
I do believe that you have to understand that no matter what these exchanges won't change their policies or anything . I do think no matter what , stick to a local exchange. If you are a US resident, you cannot avoid it for sure. Binance is a good choice more or so but I do believe the local exchanges will give you good chances of making profits and you won't have to convert them into other currencies before trading.
These exchanges too will make KYC mandatory soon though.
Where are you from ? Plus now a days KYC is everywhere not just in the US and for the safe side I do prefer exchanges which use KYC since this gives us the right to stand up for any issues in the future if god forbid something happens. If the cryptocurrencies are protected by laws in that particular state and at the same time their policies state you can do it. Use it ! Don't make much of the KYC. If you do like that exchange go for it , if no go for a good local one.
**But let us please remember the fact that all these KYC etc... Is just secondary, if you do have FB in your mobile and KYC attached to your bank account which is essential everywhere your information is already tracked and registered**
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
December 21, 2020, 04:49:44 AM
Pages:
Jump to: