Pages:
Author

Topic: Should we red tag and create a flag for ICO bounty managers that do not escrow - page 3. (Read 498 times)

Activity: 2058
Merit: 761
To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...
This is completely idiotic suggestion IMHO, and for several reasons:

1) Not every project wants to escrow or give away their tokens
2) Not every project wants the bounty manager to distribute, but prefer to do it themselves
3) Not every project uses smart contract to distribute, some use exchanges or proprietary wallets
4) Some projects will run bounty before TGE, so they can't escrow their tokens because they don't exist yet
5) Even if they escrow the tokens, it doesn't mean the project isn't a scam. More than 70% of scams had an actual token, which is worthless.

What i would suggest, DYOR. Don't sign up for every shit that pops up in the bounty thread. There's plenty of posts on this forum where you can get hints and clues on how to identify scams.
Don't blame others for your ignorance
Activity: 1176
Merit: 339
https://t.me/bubbalex
I think this is too much, not all projects without escrow scams. Although it is good for the campaign and the participants, it is not always possible, including for technical reasons, for example, in Cartesi bounty tokens have not even been released at the time of the start of the bounty, but later all received payments. Bounty hunter should do own research and take risks as well as bounty managers. Witch hunt is not good, you should create flags and send negative feedbacks only in case of scam, not just because someone didn't used escrow. It is not so easy to force team to do escrow, many teams don't want to do it, they want to control distribution for hunters on their own.

It is really a hot topic and there are opposite opinions, I just dropped mine.
Activity: 874
Merit: 125
You can give anyone a red trust if you think dealing with them would lead to a loss but trust except from DT members are not visible unless you view them on user settings.
Whether or not to give a red trust to bounty managers if the bounty run by them failed to reward users have always been a hot topic here. But asking for escrow is the basic thing bounty managers should to that would act as a prevention. Even if the tokens don't carry any value in the end.
Activity: 259
Merit: 17
Firstly I would like to thank you guys for creating this Escrow posts, this is the second one I'm reading today, thanks once again, I believe it's time we stand up for ourselves, enough is enough, if we can all come together as one we can easily decide how to handle this bounty payment evasion.

If bounty managers want us to join their campaigns they should make sure Escrow is available, can we all come to this conclusion somehow?

We really need to start something like this or the complaint of locking, not distributing will persist, imagine some projects are taking over a year to distribute, some failing to distribute after 2 to 5 months of working they keep breaking their rules, even if the token come out with no value at least we got what we worked for a long time.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
The main headache here is some bounty hunters won't co-op with this plan, many bounty hunters don't care about their rights and that's why some project team refer to bounty hunters as penny workers or calling us names, not getting paid must stop but we can't control people to do things, I do wish all bounty hunters can co-op, this is the only way
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
Not using Escrow isn't rule breaking, that will be too harsh and unjustified, all we can do is make them start using Escrow, assuming a new bounty project got released today and it isn't escrow I expect every bounty hunters to turn away, if this happens gradually the bounty managers will make the move.
Activity: 266
Merit: 11
Firstly I would like to thank you guys for creating this Escrow posts, this is the second one I'm reading today, thanks once again, I believe it's time we stand up for ourselves, enough is enough, if we can all come together as one we can easily decide how to handle this bounty payment evasion.

If bounty managers want us to join their campaigns they should make sure Escrow is available, can we all come to this conclusion somehow?
Activity: 2324
Merit: 175
This is for bounty managers who are working on projects who are launching ICO and IEO why not giving them red tag for not doing escrow and make this a must for bounty managers, we have seen so many complaints about project that's been locking, delaying and not distributing the bounty, even if you are not a DT you can create a tag or a flag and let the community support, it's time that something like this happen to protect the community of bounty hunters.
Pages:
Jump to: