Pages:
Author

Topic: Should weed be legalized? POLL - page 3. (Read 5580 times)

legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
September 16, 2013, 06:54:11 PM
I don't think the government should be able to tell me what I am allowed to put into my body.

Sodomy and drug laws are ridiculous.  Also, it shouldn't be illegal to kill yourself... lol

Haha, suicide is illegal? What are they going to do, arrest you?  Cheesy
Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.
September 16, 2013, 02:09:00 PM
Tax and regulate similar to cigarettes and alcohol. Medicinal is more likely to adopt in all states.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
September 16, 2013, 01:41:57 PM
I don't think the government should be able to tell me what I am allowed to put into my body.

Sodomy and drug laws are ridiculous.  Also, it shouldn't be illegal to kill yourself... lol
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
September 16, 2013, 01:15:03 PM
Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither liberty nor security.

We might have a lot (more) of stoned idiots if it becomes fully legalized, but if we really need to protect us from ourselves, then we're already a lost cause.

Legalize all drugs and let people be responsible for themselves.  

On of the countries where weed is legal doesn't seem to have a higher amount of the population being "stoned"

It may not have a significnt effect in the sense that I'm not sure that a large percentage of non-smokers would suddenly begin smoking, but I think you'd definitely see people being more 'openly stoned' in public, for example by smoking while driving, while walking on the sidewalk in busy areas, and being high at work.  People do these things already, but with legality comes more social acceptance and less stigma.  I just think that those who typically do more to hide their behavior would be more casual and open about it.
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
September 16, 2013, 12:49:44 PM

We might have a lot (more) of stoned idiots if it becomes fully legalized, but if we really need to protect us from ourselves, then we're already a lost cause.

On of the countries where weed is legal doesn't seem to have a higher amount of the population being "stoned"
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
September 16, 2013, 12:30:52 PM

September 16, 2013, 12:25:10 PM
Cannabis cures cancer.

Do you have a source?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
freedomainradio.com
September 16, 2013, 12:23:35 PM
Yes, so idiots who smoke it die so we have less stupid people on earth  Grin

Uhm did you hear about medicinal weed?
Yes, but I mean smoking it without having a medical reason.
September 16, 2013, 12:20:09 PM

Uhm did you hear about medicinal weed?
Activity: 375
Merit: 250
September 15, 2013, 04:06:33 PM
don't ask for permission. it sets a bad precedent.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
September 15, 2013, 03:55:53 PM
Hashish is just "plant concentrate". You can shake the plants on a sieve to collect the resin or "pollen" or THC, you can do it dry or cold and wet.

We're talking about the plant itself, not the cartels. You legalize weed, then the cartels will no longer find weed to be profitable as every medical dispensary around the corner will have one. Then they won't murder you over weed.

I can't say the same about other drugs though.

You can say that about ALL drugs. Make them legal, and there will be no more cartels.

Drugs are illegal just because that way they are more profitable for the powerful few.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
freedomainradio.com
September 15, 2013, 03:50:41 PM
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
September 15, 2013, 01:09:36 PM
Cannabis cures cancer.

Also stress and depression as well.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
September 14, 2013, 04:08:28 PM
Cannabis cures cancer.
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
September 14, 2013, 04:03:00 PM
Of course. 1) It's inevitable and 2) it's mostly harmless. (Yes, all smoke causes cell trauma, but it's obviously a personal choice.)
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
September 14, 2013, 07:29:47 AM
If you search on Google, you will find a study done on Switzerland on prescription heroin. This study concluded that crime and disease transmision was considerably lowered. If you take the Netherlands, prevalence of marijuana use is lower than most other countries that criminalise recreational use like Canada or the US.

Disclaimer: I don't do "drug" but I drink alcohol. I'm for harm reduction rather than criminalisation.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
September 14, 2013, 07:16:05 AM
Do you think the same of "Hard"drugs?

Yes.  It costs far too much of my money to stop people from doing what they're still doing after this long, drawn out "war" against drugs; you simply cannot tell a person what it is they're going to do and expect good results to follow.

If people want to do it, they will do it, regardless of what any law says.  There has been a law against killing (your fellow citizens at least) for thousands of years with varying punishments and people still don't "get the message"; law, then, does not prevent anything, it only puts a bandaid on the problem after it occurs.  It is knowledge which dictates prevention (not propaganda, as nations love to use, but real knowledge); if a person knows why they shouldn't do hard drugs, they're far less likely to do them.  For those who still do, they would understand the risks, and would know their own limits, and when they're ready to kick the habit, businesses would already be around, not to prosecute them for what they've done, but to help them so they'll stop.  Prison has been the absolute most ineffective rehab for hard drug use; in fact, placing a bunch of drug addicts in a cage has led to even more prison violence and even more organized drug cartels, where people come out of prison (if ever) even more convinced that their way is the right way.

Coercion doesn't work, not with drugs, not with anything, and forcing people not to take hard drugs when it's already obvious that they're very, very bad to take, means just these things: people are either still ignorant of the effects of these drugs, are flatly curious (e.g. doing something that's banned is a sign it's "badass"), or don't have enough self-worth to care.  These are the underlying problems that the "war on drugs" not only does not fix, but makes worse.
September 14, 2013, 05:04:37 AM
Drug prohibition should be ended.  It was bad idea from the start.  Just like alcohol prohibition.  The only reason the govt gets away with it is because they are less popular than alcohol. 

It's making criminals of what are otherwise innocent people.  Those who consume and those who supply it.

It's a victimless crime.   No-one has the right to tell another person what they can and cannot grow and what they can or cannot put in their body?  Certainly not a bunch of beuracrats, half of whom have probably willingly partaken in such substances at one point themselves.

You start thinking about the drug war and you realise it's completely insane. 

It's welfare in disguise for the DEA.  Just like the fake wars started by lies is welfare in disguise for the military.  It's excuses to keep people in jobs and keep money flowing through the Govt so politicians can divert a certain amount into their pockets.

Do you think the same of "Hard"drugs?
Activity: 364
Merit: 253
September 14, 2013, 04:03:39 AM
Drug prohibition should be ended.  It was bad idea from the start.  Just like alcohol prohibition.  The only reason the govt gets away with it is because they are less popular than alcohol. 

It's making criminals of what are otherwise innocent people.  Those who consume and those who supply it.

It's a victimless crime.   No-one has the right to tell another person what they can and cannot grow and what they can or cannot put in their body?  Certainly not a bunch of beuracrats, half of whom have probably willingly partaken in such substances at one point themselves.

You start thinking about the drug war and you realise it's completely insane. 

It's welfare in disguise for the DEA.  Just like the fake wars started by lies is welfare in disguise for the military.  It's excuses to keep people in jobs and keep money flowing through the Govt so politicians can divert a certain amount into their pockets.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
September 13, 2013, 07:13:51 PM
Alcohol kill more people than anything else, and it is legal. How does that work?  Roll Eyes

They also tried to ban that, didn't went well, and they have the 21 years old stuff, and no open containers thing... Murican freedom!
Pages:
Jump to: